Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Televised Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-28-2007, 06:47 PM

Default Re: \"Official\" Live at the Bike thread (week of 3/26 - No Tues. show

[ QUOTE ]
I think Bart might be leaving the show. He was just talking the other night about starting a new playing schedule, from 3-11 Wed.- Saturday. I found that strange.....

Likewise, I don't feel good about this announcement......

[/ QUOTE ]

I thought so too. But lets face it, while I do enjoy Barts commentary as it is, the LATB was at its best when David and Bart did it toghether. LATB never had and never will have two persons with that width and depth into poker and that complements each other like that. Besides that it seems like the show fell appart a second time (first was when David left) was when Mo stoped being on the show. I really enjoyed most of those episodes when Mo/Barry/Mike was on almost all the time. Those were the days...
Old 03-28-2007, 06:50 PM

I hope if he's changing his playing schedule to overlap with the broadcast that maybe his announcement is that he will be playing on every single show now, that would be pretty sweet, even though its not "HUGE".
Old 03-28-2007, 07:53 PM

I think gigantic is a much more positive word then you guys are making it out to be. Bart knows that we have expressed our hatred for the fact that Dave isn't there and about the mess with the heads up thing, ect. I'm sure hes unvieling something that he and Bostin are sure we are going to like, so stop being so damn negative or maybe Bart will leave.

Omaha perhaps?
Whoever posted about Bart playing often is a possibility...
Old 03-28-2007, 08:23 PM

I don't think adding Omaha is gigantic. In fact, it would suck since I would expect 90 percent of the viewers don't play it and have no interest in it.

Hey, I hope its a positive announcement. We all think Bart is great, but I suppose there is still hangover from Dave leaving in such an unceremonious way. That still leaves a distinctly sour taste in most viewers' mouth, I would think.

Maybe he'll announce that Dave will be on once a week ala Nicole. Its been awhile and maybe whatever bad feelings arose from that whole deal have been assuaged. We can only hope. I'd definitely take one night of Nicole (cute, but daffy), a couple or three nights of Bostin (good guy, decent commentary, and has a life outside poker that is interesting) and one night of Dave (like the big game night.) I'd take it!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 03-28-2007, 08:44 PM

i've been out of the loop.. what happened with dave?
Old 03-28-2007, 08:54 PM

Have you been in Iraq? He left the show 8 months ago. With zero explanation. It had to be an ugly leave-taking.
Old 03-28-2007, 09:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Have you been in Iraq? He left the show 8 months ago. With zero explanation. It had to be an ugly leave-taking.

[/ QUOTE ]oh, i think i confused dave with the new guys thats been in the video blogs. i thought he had left, and that was the reason the video blogs haven't been going on.
Old 03-28-2007, 09:20 PM

yeah i doubt he would describe it as "gigantic" if it was negative...

my dream announcement would be...

"dave's comin back and we're gonna spread big 5/10 and 25/50 games every night!"

hey i can dream, can't i?
Old 03-28-2007, 09:37 PM

I would really love a mix...a lot of us play games that are capped and are smaller. I love watching the 3-5 game and the 5/10 capped and un-capped games, but only sometimes. The big games and the big names I am watching for entertainment and the commentary for educational purposes. Watching the smaller games really helps improve my game because the commentary given is for the levels that I am at. While I would like to see a lot of big big games and big names and advanced play, I do love to watch the small games for different reasons and watch them occasionally.

Also, the games that are being shown are typically the biggest games being spread at the bike (minus mixed games and games other than holdem) so although it would be amazing to watch a lot of 25/50-50/100 action would be great it is pretty unlikely.

Only 20 mins to go I can't wait to be extreemely dissapointed on this gigantic announcement because of the hype we have given it lol!
Old 03-28-2007, 09:37 PM

Since I am out of the country, I do not feel there will be any recriminations against me so I feel safe in releasing the following choice tidbits, like Liars Club, only one of which is true:

1) Bostin is not really overweight...he's having Bart's baby,

2) Binh Ly has been Bart's wife for almost a year,

3) Bart is just the figurehead, Ronnie, "Card Boy" is the power behind the throne,

4) There never really has been any "Live at the Bike". We will all wake up Thursday and realize it has been a dream for 2 years, B& M poker was outlawed in 2005, and internet gambling is completely legal and in every home.

There will be $5.00 to the first winning answer. Submissions should go to FriarTuch@whydidIleave.com