Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Software
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-28-2007, 05:27 PM

Default Software idea - Programmer wanted.

I have an idea for a new software, but since i cant program myself im putting it out here hoping that someone will make it.

If anyone pick up the idea i am not asking for any money or any other compensation for my idea. After all - Anyone picking this up will be doing all the work.

I would, however, love to help shape the functionality and features of the program. So if you wanna make this feel free to PM me for input.

<u>The Idea: </u>

I am a firm beliver in logging my results per session. I use poker tracker to analyze my play, but i still use record keeper to log all my results. I do this because i also play Other games, like Omaha and such.

I have poker tracker and poker tracker Omaha. This tracks the results of theese games for me, but there is no way for me to see my overall results since it is two standalone programs.

So what i want is a session logging tool that can import results from all editions of poker tracker. It should display typical info that a session log tool displays, like filter by month, limit, site, game, total result, std. deviation etc etc.

It should also include possibillities of logging stuff manually, such as MTT's, SNG's and games that PT for some reason do not support.

Ill keep this as brief as possible, but i have quite a few ideas, and ill be happy to share.
[*]If you wanna program - Go ahead.[*]If you have comments or suggestins, feel free to post them. (Yeah, im hoping for support)

Im pretty sure this kinda software can be sold for like $29 a pop. Hope someone picks it up. (Ok, so i dont want money for the idea, but lifetime free software would be nice. lol)
Old 03-28-2007, 11:16 PM

Default Re: Software idea - Programmer wanted.

[ QUOTE ]
I have an idea for a new software, but since i cant program myself im putting it out here hoping that someone will make it.

If anyone pick up the idea i am not asking for any money or any other compensation for my idea. After all - Anyone picking this up will be doing all the work.

I would, however, love to help shape the functionality and features of the program. So if you wanna make this feel free to PM me for input.

<u>The Idea: </u>

I am a firm beliver in logging my results per session. I use poker tracker to analyze my play, but i still use record keeper to log all my results. I do this because i also play Other games, like Omaha and such.

I have poker tracker and poker tracker Omaha. This tracks the results of theese games for me, but there is no way for me to see my overall results since it is two standalone programs.

So what i want is a session logging tool that can import results from all editions of poker tracker. It should display typical info that a session log tool displays, like filter by month, limit, site, game, total result, std. deviation etc etc.

It should also include possibillities of logging stuff manually, such as MTT's, SNG's and games that PT for some reason do not support.

Ill keep this as brief as possible, but i have quite a few ideas, and ill be happy to share.
[*]If you wanna program - Go ahead.[*]If you have comments or suggestins, feel free to post them. (Yeah, im hoping for support)

Im pretty sure this kinda software can be sold for like $29 a pop. Hope someone picks it up. (Ok, so i dont want money for the idea, but lifetime free software would be nice. lol)

[/ QUOTE ]

Why not just put this info into a spreadsheet? I don't really see the need for writing a new app just for that.
Old 03-29-2007, 09:23 AM

Default Re: Software idea - Programmer wanted.

There are tons of reasons for that.

Fist of all - Id love the import from pokertracker. (www.pokerdominator.cin is simular - but its web based and have some bugs.)

Further there is the beauty of a good and well designed session software. I like record keeper myself, but im missing some features in there. With a good layout a program like this would present data in a easy and user friendly way.