Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 03-28-2007, 03:22 PM

Default Re: **Official uNL Microbrew Thread: March(LC/NC goes here)**

I found this thread on playing your A-game / no of tables etc. in MSNL pretty interesting:

http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showfl...e=1#Post9717480
Old 03-28-2007, 03:41 PM

ok, another hand, villian is 22/16.7/3 over 90, I dont think he's doing this with anything but an overpair, i definitly think im behind

Full Tilt Poker
No Limit Holdem Ring game
Blinds: $0.25/$0.50
6 players
Converter

Stack sizes:
UTG: $62.05
UTG+1: $57.40
CO: $57.55
HERO: $49.25
SB: $50.75
BB: $100.20

Pre-flop: (6 players) HERO is Button with J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
<font color="#cc0000">UTG raises to $1.75</font>, 2 folds, <font color="#cc0000">HERO raises to $6</font>, 2 folds, UTG calls.

Flop: T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] ($12.75, 2 players)
UTG checks, <font color="#cc0000">HERO bets $8.5</font>, <font color="#cc0000">UTG raises to $20</font>, HERO folds.
Uncalled bets: $11.5 returned to UTG.

Results:
Final pot: $29.75

I'm saying i think he has overpair, possibly a set, but my guess is slowplaying op
Old 03-28-2007, 03:53 PM

i would bet $6 or $6.50 there. it is a rr pot, there are no draws, and the gap is very tight (the gap between your cards and the top card on the flop, meaning you will likely only get action from a set or overpair). really, the only reason to bet is to deny odds to six and two outers. so you can bet pretty low here since, if he is on a draw, your opponents likely is a 7 to 1 dog at best.
Old 03-28-2007, 03:59 PM

k, well put, but can fold is correct most of the time?
Old 03-28-2007, 04:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]
i would bet $6 or $6.50 there. it is a rr pot, there are no draws, and the gap is very tight (the gap between your cards and the top card on the flop, meaning you will likely only get action from a set or overpair). really, the only reason to bet is to deny odds to six and two outers. so you can bet pretty low here since, if he is on a draw, your opponents likely is a 7 to 1 dog at best.

[/ QUOTE ]

i like the thinking IF you bet $6 or $6.50 there everytime. like if you bet a little more when u have QQ+ that's really exploitable.
Old 03-28-2007, 04:12 PM

Im checking there some, with JJ-AA, and betting. I think the best line there for fees is b/f
Old 03-28-2007, 04:39 PM

I'm b/f there most of the time
Old 03-28-2007, 05:15 PM

Do you guys also get fancy play syndrome when you are playing someone you know really well? Villian is my study buddy and we have discussed hands, play, and general approach and have also often sweated each other.

I would have insta-folded to the flop raise in my normal play but somehow I insta-called on a hunch. I guess the added entertainment value when such a play works somehow makes up for the -EV in my head.

Seat 1: Button ($24.95)
Seat 2: SB ($17.45)
Seat 3: BB ($27.45)
Seat 4: UTG ($30.30)
Seat 5: MP ($5.00)
Seat 6: Hero ($24.65)

*** HOLE CARDS ***
Dealt to Hero[3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]]
2 folds, Hero raises to $1.00, 2 folds, BB calls $0.75.

*** FLOP *** [5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]]
BB checks, Hero bets $2.00, BB raises to $7.00, Hero calls $5.00.

*** TURN *** [5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]] [8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]]
BB bets $8.00, Hero raises to $16.65 and is all-in, BB calls $8.65.

*** SHOW DOWN ***
BB shows [J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]]
Hero shows [3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]]

*** RIVER *** [5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]] [4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]]

*** SUMMARY ***
Hero collects $47.00
Old 03-28-2007, 05:23 PM

yes, people you know will play back at you, but gee golly you have low pair, so you have no showdown value against a PP or MP or TP and you're flipping for a buy-in if villain has a draw (b/c he obv has overs on you if he has FD/SD)
Old 03-28-2007, 06:32 PM

HAHA 35 hours awake and staying WELL AWAY from poker but having a very hard time fighting the urge to take my whole roll to a high stakes game and pull some "super cool" moves whilst watching a doco on Jewish food production techniques. Wouldn't that be a cool but strange experience? However it would take me away from the pressing matter of inflatable climbing walls and more than likely end up in me railing at the sky king leah stylee.

i just read that and fear i am loosing my mind, odd.

Oh yes and good stuff man [ QUOTE ]
I found this thread on playing your A-game / no of tables etc. in MSNL pretty interesting:

[/ QUOTE ] I'll have to reread it again in the morn.
Closed Thread