Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-28-2007, 07:21 AM

Default Re: Truly I am the master of subtlety

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
WTF, both are retarded. Play donkaments if you like flipping.

[/ QUOTE ]
WTF!!!!!

Hand 1:
We are actually have 48% against sets and two pairs, so showing isn't totally outragous, since it is pretty close to neutral EV with the 2$ already in the pot. However, I'm not sure it is the optimal play.

[/ QUOTE ]
Indeed, it is obviously far from optimal and therefore WTF. And as you say it is neutral EV, and a flip when called. Pretty much explains my statement.

As for the other dude, I do agree that donkaments aren't won by getting into coinflips, although they are won be winning coinflips. Fact. QQ vs AK late in a tourney is a going all in, whereas in cash this just isn't the case. Meh. I only meant that you see a lot more coinflips in tournies than cash, and you seem to have taken it as me liking the OP play more in tournies [img]/images/graemlins/crazy.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Alright maybe I was a bit quick on the trigger. I just get annoyed when I see posts like yours in microstakes. I'm sure you could be more helpful.

Antinome,
Very good post. The analysis of the first hand is spot on. Second I dont know. In general I find that I have very little fold equity against shorties.

Matrix,
AA, KK, QQ is very unlikely in this hand.
Old 03-28-2007, 07:25 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Hand 1 you want to maximize EV, not fold equity.

[/ QUOTE ]

I really loled hard when I read this [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img] nh
Old 03-28-2007, 07:41 AM

Hand 1 - is ok. I don't think i would ever push my whole stack in though, what happened to playing poker? I would probably attempt to build a bit of a pot, because we're in position and we can consider his actions each street.

Hand 2 - I absolutely hate, people use the term FE far too much, this is the hand from my perpective:

Oh damn, I have the nut flush draw and he hasn't given me the odds to call it. Because I can't lay down a FD with no odds, I'm going to raise it up and I'll have tons of FE, making the play alright...

But then again, I'm not a fan of raising up raggy aces from the cutoff, so take it as me being nitty if you want.
Old 03-28-2007, 02:24 PM

I hate both, would have raised in both cases to more reasonable/less retarded amounts. If I had to chose between the two, I think hand 1>hand 2, but its pretty close. Problem with hand 2 is AK and KQ probably don't fold that often to the overshove. So you usually have just 9 outs rather than 12....

btw, I doubt even the biggest donks will lead out like that in hand 1 with AA/KK. Maybe at 25NL, but I doubt at 100.
Old 03-28-2007, 03:51 PM

Hand 1: Why are people even thinking of over pairs in this unraised pot...he probably has TPTK / TP and Gutshot. This all-in is just folding out a hand that we always ahead of.

Hand 2: You only have flush outs, I don't think the FE is good enough to make this +EV at all...lead flop though.