Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Beats, Brags, and Variance
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-28-2007, 12:12 PM

Default Re: Cake Poker is rigged (I think)

First my apologizes to the mods for posting originally in the wrong place.

No, I was never a TigerGaming shill. If I like a site I post free of charge for them. The same goes if I do not like a site as is the case here.

Wiggs I can't tell if you're making fun of me in a very clever way, but on the off chance that you are not, I totally agree.

Earlier in the session when the table was more full, the same guy took about $20 off me with his J's A kicker against my J's Q kicker. It was like he knew. Come to think of it during that hand he said nothing as well.

Maybe it's rigged, or maybe they use bots.

On the last hand heads-up the board ended up with KJ rag J T.

Every other hand he'd check/call or check/fold. This time once my J came on the turn, he raised and re-raised.

I knew posting this put me at risk of getting flamed, but it is just too damn odd of a situation to let it go.
Old 03-28-2007, 12:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Wiggs I can't tell if you're making fun of me in a very clever way, but on the off chance that you are not, I totally agree.

[/ QUOTE ]
This is really great.
Old 03-28-2007, 12:21 PM

Why is no chat a part of this in any way whatsoever? Loads of people never chat for whatever reason. Same goes for live games. Some people can't shut up, some rarely say a word.
Old 03-28-2007, 12:25 PM

Totally, rigged, imho.

http://cakepoker.com/HandHistory/?Ha...wIjFxcfExcI%3d

http://cakepoker.com/HandHistory/?Ha...wYjFxcfExcI%3d

http://cakepoker.com/HandHistory/?Ha...x4jFxcfExcI%3d

http://cakepoker.com/HandHistory/?Ha...xojFxcfExcI%3d

but at least they let me run well in cakeaments_

Adanthar plz have me reboomswitched, kthx.
Old 03-28-2007, 12:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]
"The final hand he had KK and I had JT and we both made full houses."

Someone plz explain the board where we lose here?

[/ QUOTE ]
what? did OP take over danza's account?
Old 03-28-2007, 12:31 PM

i want a hand history of this for proof, this happens so inoften that you could probably sell it on ebay for more than $35
Old 03-28-2007, 12:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]
"The final hand he had KK and I had JT and we both made full houses."

Someone plz explain the board where we lose here?

[/ QUOTE ]

Ummm...I'm definitely getting leveled, but how does KJJT5 strike you?
Old 03-28-2007, 12:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]
adanthar,

thoughts?

[/ QUOTE ]

it's totally obvious. cake is rigged for the 2+2'ers playing 10/20, but against the ones playing $1 and below. gotta make up the anti-riggedness from somewhere.
Old 03-28-2007, 12:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Every other hand he'd check/call or check/fold. This time once my J came on the turn, he raised and re-raised.

I knew posting this put me at risk of getting flamed, but it is just too damn odd of a situation to let it go.

[/ QUOTE ]

Let me get this straight -- he's ahead of you the ENTIRE way, and yet the game is somehow rigged? Why? Just so Cake can take $0.50 more in rake from a hand?

Cake can't get their lobby operating efficiently. They experience a few crashes or server interrupts a week. Fixing any of these major issues will DIRECTLY result in more revenue for their company.

But instead -- they're going to RIG or SCRIPT hands just so they can grab a few extra pennies in rake vs. the rake brought in from a fair deal?

AND...they somehow have the programming expertise to do this elaborate rigging BUT DON'T have the programming expertise to fix the normal issues that are hindering their growth?

Think, man. THINK.
Old 03-28-2007, 12:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Nah, I was totally agreeing with you.

[ QUOTE ]
Earlier in the session when the table was more full, the same guy took about $20 off me with his J's A kicker against my J's Q kicker. It was like he knew. Come to think of it during that hand he said nothing as well.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's really weird man. He probably slow plays if he doesn't know you also have J's. But since he knows you also have J's, but with a weaker kicker, he gets the pot real big. And yeah, really odd that he doesn't say anything after that hand either because I know I always say something after I win a hand, especially when it's something like top/top vs. top pair with a weaker kicker. It usually goes like:

Other guy: Aw man, it's like you knew I had it too!
Me: Nah just catchin cards bro.
OG: It's rigged! WTF are these flops about?
Me: Just lucky lol.

[ QUOTE ]

Maybe it's rigged, or maybe they use bots.

[/ QUOTE ]

Or maybe it's both. Or maybe they have robots whose job is to rig the software. Who the F knows, all I know is, something fishy is going on here (O RLY).

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Again, it's like he could see your cards. He knows that (a) he has a strong hand but more importantly that (b) you have a strong hand as well. Otherwise he would be passive and slow play. Then on top of that, he stays mute about the whole situation.

Idk man, pretty strong case you've made here, imo. I think you should continue investigating and try to get to the bottom of this.

It could be that... well, I don't want to say anything and start a conspiracy theory here or anything. But ok, I don't suppose Cake is susceptible to pattern mappers. I know sites are supposed to be using strong encryption nowadays so that those don't work, but Cake is a pretty small site isn't it? Probably not that though, more likely bots or something so I wouldn't worry too much about it. Just ignore that bit if you want.