Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Two Plus Two > Special Sklansky Forum
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-28-2007, 06:23 AM

Default Re: Another Sit n Go Question

[ QUOTE ]
I did the math using an ICM calculator. By my calculations, the break-even point from EV perspective is when KK is 61.11% against the SB's range.

A range that's a shade below 60% (and would warrant a fold) is (AQs, AKo, AKs, KK,AA). Add anything else and it tips the scales over 61.11%.

The CEV to $EV gap in this hand is around 11.1%, fairly standard for a bubble problem.

[/ QUOTE ]
So the read 'not against Aces' would help considerably!

The A2 scenario, looks pessimistic the way the numbers were chosen, but as pointed out earlier, you'ld prefer to see QQ, than a raggy Ace!

Frankly I don't quite understand fully the range as given, how it makes "60%"-ish.

AA is going to occur 6 times as often as KK in practice.
AQs 1/2 as often as AK. I think the ratio is 6:1:4:2:6.

AA - 20:80, 6 combos (but suspect most players won't Push with AA)
KK - 50:50, 1 combo
AQs - 67:33, 4 combos
AKs - 66:34, 2 combos
AKo - 70:30, 6 combos

Approx 68:32 12 times, 50:50 1 time and 20:80 6 times, if SB will always Push with AA (which is suspect in practice). Weighing up each side, it looks like 'Hero' is only shading it approx 52%. Must have screwed up that quick calc somewhere.
Old 03-28-2007, 10:54 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Must have screwed up that quick calc somewhere.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah I did screw up slightly. I'm not sure how but maybe I had something incorrectly checked in pokerstove. I'll try again.....

[AJs+, AQo+,KK+] gives KK 60.419% in Pokerstove and would make KK a fold versus that range.

Adding AJo to the range makes it 63.221%, tipping the scales in favor of calling.

Adding more aces, on the way to all ace hands, increases KK's equity up to 68.518%.
Old 03-28-2007, 03:34 PM

KK is a no-brainer call.
Fwiw, the Nash equilibrium is (78.6% / 7.8%) which means that you should call with 77+,AJo+,ATs+,KQs against a smart opponent. I don't think this situation is so special that I would deviate from the ne. It is not in the best interest of the shorties to play just for outlasting you if you should lose the all-in.
Old 03-28-2007, 03:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Well if this is a close decision then I'm not nearly as good as I thought, because I don't even think twice about calling here.

[/ QUOTE ][ QUOTE ]
I call here with KK and AA only, not AK or QQ. I really don't feel like doing the math here but it seems like the right move to make considering you'll lock up 1st 85+ percent of the time if you win

[/ QUOTE ]How can you fold QQ or AK here? It's impossible to shove with AQs, AQo, or JJ? How else would he play this.

Easy call
Old 03-28-2007, 04:04 PM

At the final table of a SNG with 8 people left - 400/800 blinds.. I notice a tight player just call the blind... The small blind called and I was BB with pocket Aces. I had the limper covered (about 6000 chips to my 8000). I pushed all in. The guy limper thought about it and I could tell that my play was working. He thought I was just trying to steal.

He called and showed AQ offsuit. Being that it was FullTiltRiggedPoker, I lost the hand and held on til 6th place...

(i quit playing at Full Tilt because it is rigged - but that is for a-whole-nother thread)
Old 03-28-2007, 06:55 PM

calclaclacllcalclalclalclaclaclalcalclaclcalcalcal claclalclaclalcalclacl
Old 03-28-2007, 06:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
i believe you've claimed that you're one of the best short stack players in the world.

if you think this decision is close, that claim is laughable.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't think its very close but I throw some curveball questions sometimes. As to my shortstack play, I wasn't talking about the weird strategy changes required in Sit n Gos. I'll learn that if I need to.

[/ QUOTE ]

versus any player with a brain you should be calling 88+, AT+ here I think. From the SB here i push any 2 cards.
Old 03-28-2007, 10:00 PM

KK is such an easy call here. This could be intersting if you swapped our stack with the SB.
BTW I'm not sure if the SB is should shove 100% here because if we call and he loses he busts. Especially if someone who will spite call is in the BB.
Old 03-29-2007, 06:35 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Must have screwed up that quick calc somewhere.

[/ QUOTE ]
Yeah I did screw up slightly. I'm not sure how but maybe I had something incorrectly checked in pokerstove. I'll try again.....

[/ QUOTE ]
No, I meant, I screwed up somewhere! Was hoping some spark would spot it!
Old 03-29-2007, 06:38 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Fwiw, the Nash equilibrium is (78.6% / 7.8%) which means that you should call with 77+,AJo+,ATs+,KQs against a smart opponent.

[/ QUOTE ]
Have you a link which explains Nash Equilibria applying in this context? I know what they are, but not how you use the idea. (new to this forum)