Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > High Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-28-2007, 04:18 AM

Location: just a skinny azzzed short stacking gossip hurling trouble maker
Default Potential Angleshooting in Bellagio Big Games (must read)

A hand went down tonight with a ruling that points to a potential issue with angleshooting at bellagio by misrepresenting your stack size, i'll give the hand first and the ruling 2nd

Action is irrelevant until the turn
Tex barch and a bellagio regular are in a pot on the turn, tex check and the guy announces all in

he pushes in some chips and a rubber banded wad of cash, tex asks how much the guy has, he points to the wad and says "it's 3000$", tex counts out 3000 in 100's and puts it over the commitment line, the dealer burns and turns the river

guy shows KK and tex mucks, then the dealer counts down the guys cash and says it's 4300 total, at which point tex calls for a ruling

the floor can't get a legible answer out of the dealer and calls for the shift manager who rules that tex has the pay the 1300 more. now this is bad enough, the guy wasn't angling it was a miscommunication and tex would not have called knowing the real raise size

asked to explain the decision, the floor says it's the players job to verify amounts, tex asks if the guy had 2 flags under his money, would he haved owed 14k, the floor says YES

basically what this means is that verbal declarations about the size of your all in mean nothing. Once you throw any money into the middle as the caller you are effectively calling no matter how much money has been bet, even if there has been deception as to the amount.

This ruling really opens the door for some viscious angle shots at high limits that could cost some people a lot of money. Just wanted to warn everyone out there to be on the lookout for this stuff and not fall for this stuff.
Old 03-28-2007, 04:27 AM

Default Re: Potential Angleshooting in Bellagio Big Games (must read)

Thanks for the post but you should really know that the player is allowed to lie to you about this kind of thing (as far as the RULES go I mean). You should always ask for a dealer count in this situation.

Also players are supposed to (by rule in most places) keep their big chips in front, so watch out for people who don't do that.
Old 03-28-2007, 04:49 AM

good to know that u need the dealers word, thx for the info, luv ur location even though I hate shortstackers luv how u put it out there
Old 03-28-2007, 05:06 AM

In the 10-20 nl game there a player asked another, how much do u have left. The player replied '3k in bills'. The first guy announced allin, the second guy threw his 3k in bills in + 2 flags underneath them and the first guy had to pay 13k against quads~
Old 03-28-2007, 05:18 AM

Location: just a skinny azzzed short stacking gossip hurling trouble maker

[ QUOTE ]
In the 10-20 nl game there a player asked another, how much do u have left. The player replied '3k in bills'. The first guy announced allin, the second guy threw his 3k in bills in + 2 flags underneath them and the first guy had to pay 13k against quads~

[/ QUOTE ]

there is a big difference between announcing all in and then saying you have less than you have and being asked for a count and being deceptive
Old 03-28-2007, 05:52 AM

Thanks for posting this. It'll save me money later.
Old 03-28-2007, 06:19 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Not so sure it's worth running this angle. That type of [censored] gets your legs broken and roll stolen.
Old 03-28-2007, 10:42 AM

I asked a guy once how much he had in bills. He said around 2000. I asked him how much he had exactly and he told me 2000. I then asked the dealer to count it and it turns out he had >$4000....The moral is, if you don't know people, be skeptical.
Old 03-28-2007, 10:48 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

there is a big difference between announcing all in and then saying you have less than you have and being asked for a count and being deceptive

[/ QUOTE ]

there is .. u didnt get my story though
Old 03-28-2007, 02:46 PM

can somebody explain what flags are and how they work? I can tell from the posts that they represent $5K somehow. Just wondered what they look like and how they are used. Are they like the plaque thingies that they use on the Aviation Club WPT? Thanks.