Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Poker > Omaha High
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-25-2007, 02:28 AM

Default Nut Straight + redraw facing a 3-bet repot

First PLO game, and there was enough loose action to make me order Slotboom's book. Villain is the best NLHE cash player in the 2/5 and 5/5 games around town (I beat them pretty well, but I'm not in his league), and he's aware that this is my first PLO game, and my image in this game is very nitty. I haven't potted without a strong hand yet.

I have Kc 7c 6h 3d in the BB with ~$650 behind.

Somebody in MP3 or CO limps, SB completes, and I obviously check.

Flop comes 2h 4h 5d ($15)

SB pots $15, I repot $45, limper folds, and SB repots $135. Hero???

There's 135 in the pot, I'm facing a 135 raise, and I have 600 behind (and he has me covered). I would fold a naked 36 without much thought since freerolling $600 is awful for a chance to split $135, but my 7 made me wonder.

Against STR + FD or 2P + FD, it's a break-even call. Against STR + 78, STR+2P, STR + Set, or Set + FD, I'm getting slaughtered.
Against STR+7 or STR+7+BDFD, it's a clear +EV call.

Assuming he's not 3-potting me with just the straight, do I just fold this here with stacks this deep?

Am I right to repot $45 on his $15, or should I try to take a safe card off and fold to a heart/board pairer if he pots the turn (and pot/re-pot any safe card to get it all in or win ASAP)? I get bluffed out some of the time, but I also save my stack when a heart comes off, and I win more money against his worse hands because he'll bet the turn with some of them that he would instamuck to my flop raise, since a flat call on the flop could well be a NFD or 678 hand and he'll think his marginal hand probably hit a safe card.

As it turned out, I repotted and we were all-in on the flop, and he had STR + FD, and both our draws missed. Yay.
Old 03-25-2007, 05:24 PM

Default Re: Nut Straight + redraw facing a 3-bet repot

I would stick it all in, you are in OK shape against even straight+flush draw. If he was a worse player I would consider calling and trying to outplay him on the turn.
Old 03-25-2007, 06:06 PM

first raise is fine. Call at least, but I probably just stick it in here.
Old 03-26-2007, 01:38 AM

wtf? get it all in

he does this with way more than a made straight + redraw...
Old 03-28-2007, 03:46 AM

I like just calling. If you make a bigger straight, you're probably still getting paid off and you might be able to bluff him if the board pairs. Also, if he's a really good player and you have a nitty image, I think nut straight + some sort of redraw is a pretty good range. He could be making this play with the naked nut straight, but I really can't see him coming over the top of you with just a set or with A3 here.