Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-27-2007, 08:06 PM

Default Betting the Draw B&M 3-6

Any comments on this hand:

Loose passive (arent they all) live 3-6

No one in this game is someone who I would suspect to be a winning player long term. Standard loose passive donkeys. I would expect the CO to have a real hand to raise pf in this spot.

I am in the Hi-Jack with 10 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]J [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]

EP1 Limps, MP2 Limps, Hero Limps, CO raises, Button Calls, BB Calls, EP1 Calls MP2 Calls, Hero Calls:

(12 sb)

Flop:

9 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]4 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]2 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

Check to Hero, Hero Bets, CO folds (wtf?), button Calls, BB Calls

(15 SB)

Turn:

Q [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

Hero Bets, Button Raises, BB Folds, Hero Calls

(11.5BB)

River:

8 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

Hero Checks, Button Bets, Hero Raises, Button Calls

Final Pot 15.5BB

Any one take another line on any street?
Old 03-27-2007, 08:10 PM

Default Re: Betting the Draw B&M 3-6

nope.
Old 03-27-2007, 08:20 PM

that flop donk is awful. were you trying to get HU with a better hand?

i don't like the turn lead either. yes, you picked up outs, but you're rarely taking this down and you can very barely bet for value only if both opponents call.
Old 03-27-2007, 08:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]
that flop donk is awful. were you trying to get HU with a better hand?

[/ QUOTE ]

Good point. I obviously wasnt trying to get heads up out of position against a better hand. Although In this game a CO raise is very unlikely to completly wipe out the field. Would you normally check call with two overs, flush draw, backdoor straight draw?

I think that the turn bet will take this pot down a high percentage of the time. The BB already gave up his action and I knew he would fold to my bet so if the button just peeled one off for one small bet on the flop and missed I am taking this pot down on the turn.
Old 03-27-2007, 09:18 PM

C/R the flop and play it from there. Trap everyone with your monster draw.

I might try to C/R the turn again too for value if it's multiway, but if it's HU or 3-handed, just bet.

I like your river play, but your mistake was on the flop.

I might raise PF, as I've been talking to some semi-LAG 2+2ers who advocate raising hands like this in position, but we might be in a little too early position for that. I certainly don't mind the limp, though.

I always limp, FWIW, but I'm trying to get more aggro in position. But I'm a nit, so it's hard.
Old 03-27-2007, 11:02 PM

I don't like the turn bet. There's three of you so you're looking at neutral EV if everybody calls, -EV if someone folds. Its loose-passive which means its unlikely you're going to win with a bet. I'd check and hope it checks around. If someone bets it doesn't matter to you, and you'll call, but checking around is really the best you can hope for I think.
Old 03-28-2007, 05:22 AM

I don't like betting into the CO on flop here, he might raise and face everyone else with 2 and if they fold I lose my "pot padders." I might bet and hope to get raised if I had AKs instead of TJs for the purpose of cleaning overcards because if he raises here when I hold TJs, then my overcards are probably no good anyways. A checkraise looks real nice here for value though...
Don't like the turn bet for reasons already stated unless i feel i can take it down here.

That said, I will OCCASIONALLY play this hand exactly as above and bet at the river... even when I miss and I expect to fail....just for the image! I will do this, for instance, when I am at a table of old tight farts that won't give me any action except the one token calling station.... (If there's already a calling station or two then may as well turn them ALL in to calling stations!) It's also an added bonus when the river or turn bluff actually works.
Old 03-28-2007, 11:08 AM

* grunch *

With 6 people to the flop and us having about a 1/3 chance of making our flush by the river, I think we have great pot equity here and want to build as big as pot as possible. With the preflop better being to our left I think the best way to do this would be to check-raise the flop. I'd hate for the CO to raise our lead and blow everyone out of the pot.

This might change how the turn plays out as now that we've also picked up the open-ended straight draw a lead might hopefully fold everyone right now. This would probably also change the river play as I'd probably lead again on the innocent looking river card and hope to get raised.

GcluelessnoobG
Old 03-28-2007, 07:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]

This might change how the turn plays out as now that we've also picked up the open-ended straight draw a lead might hopefully fold everyone right now.

[/ QUOTE ]

Its a loose-passive live 3/6 game. If they called the flop here, they're probably calling the turn. If you have little to no fold equity here, checking is the best play. I see this hand going to showdown the vast majority of time here with at least one of your opponents.
Old 03-28-2007, 07:32 PM

in alot of games i play, given how the action unfolded preflop i've been known to 3bet JTs with all those people in and build a huge pot.

calling pf would lend me to plan on autocheckraising the CO's inevitable flop bet trapping the field for multiple bets jamming the pot.

check the turn.

collect money on the river.