Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Beginners Questions
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-27-2007, 07:14 PM

Default Re: This may never happen again. Flopped Royal.

[ QUOTE ]
People come to take advice from fantasy land people..... Now thats a good one.... The people being wishie washie about it makes me think they dont even know how to play a hand they cant lose.... what kind a pro is that..... i know what kind....... SELF PROCLAIMED!!!!

[/ QUOTE ]

Greatest poster ever. It's like I'm watching some TV show, and I'm fairly certain I understand the plot, then all of a sudden in the bottom corner of the screen this appears, like some weird sci-fi running commentary. Love it. Thank you.
Old 03-27-2007, 07:25 PM

Bet/call the flop, people are going to think you are bluffing, Ace/rag will call, somebody is trying to chase the flush, etc. Any one that calls here is going to call later, so might as well get your money in.

Check the turn. Shows weakness. Now they put you on a bluff, or a 4 card flush.

Bet/Raise the river. Since you showed weakness, possible bluff, you will get a caller if someone caught something, maybe even raised if they caught a good hand.
Old 03-27-2007, 07:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Due to the very nature of a royal flush, you likely won't get action. The board is ultra scary. The highest flush card available is a 9 so what could somebody have?

[/ QUOTE ]

If you have the JT, you might catch someone with a set or 2 pair that thinks they'll be good if they fill or that you are on a draw.

Maybe the QT too.

When you have the AK, though, I think you're right. It will be very hard to get action, especially from EP b/c anything you do to build a pot will scream strength.

Of course, this means that normally, this should be a good stealing spot... [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 03-27-2007, 08:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]
How would you play a royal if you flopped it? I did today on PS $1/$2 tables. I checked thru the turn and bet on the river with no action.

[/ QUOTE ]

There aren't any 2nd best hands to be made by giving a free card. The only way you can get action is if you are lucky enough to have an opponent flop a made hand along with you.

Bet early and get as much money in as possible before an action-killing heart arrives.

good luck.
Eric