Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > MTT Strategy
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-27-2007, 07:27 PM

Default Re: Make Decisions on All Streets - 77 on Button

Preflop is fairly standard. Flop is whatever, depending on context, fold call and raise are all OK so I'll assume in this context a raise was good. After he calls the flop he has something and that 7 is NOT a scare card for him so bet the damn turn. On the river it looks like 88-1010 here so a small bet looks good but I think you can get more value than that I'd go for a little less than half the pot.
Old 03-27-2007, 07:44 PM

1200 turn / 2600 river looks like the best scenario.

As played, I jam the river.

Anything less looks like you're milking him with JJJ, and he almost never has the case J.

But at this level, the play is terrible in two ways. First way is calling stations, who talk themselves into making a hero call here 66, 88-TT, 5A, etc. Second way is the weak-passive nits who see monsters under the bed anytime they are raised on the flop, and just try to c/c all the way to showdown. I wouldn't be that shocked to see QQ-AA, JK, JQ, JT here, so I'd prefer to valuetown him for his stack.
Old 03-28-2007, 09:06 AM

I quite like the flop raise. He's going to fold a lot there and you won't have a great deal of showdown value by the river with this hand. He might fold better hands and it stops him pushing you off on the turn with a second barrel.

On the turn, it's tricky. He's going to fold an awful lot now if he doesn't have a jack (if he's got a jack, you're not going to find ot difficult to get the rest of your stack in, it's the rest of the stuff that we're interested in) so I don't mind a check here but I also quite like a donk bet. Less than 1000 and something that will irritate him, like 888.

This lets you shove the river.
Old 03-29-2007, 03:12 PM

Bet the turn, eesh.
Old 03-29-2007, 03:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Thanks for the replies so far. It seems there is an agreement that this turn should be bet. With 3800 behind, I like a turn bet of 1200 better than 2000. 2000 announces that I'm committed for my entire stack and looks too strong. With a bet of 1200, he may believe that he has folding equity on a push or he may call more lightly than he would a bet of 2000. Then when I shove my remaining 2600 in on the river, the pot odds may talk him into a call, which is basically what Fish R Friends was saying.

What about the flop raise? I really felt that with his bet size, it really seemed like a c-bet, which will fold to a raise. Or it might even cause 88-TT to fold. Plus it makes it really difficult for him for him to fire a second barrel on the turn with a hand that I beat than if I had just called the flop.

[/ QUOTE ]

i don't like the small raise on flop. And no i don't think it stops and all in bet on turn. You did give odds to any two overcards to call, which if they hit will put you in on turn.

Bet more flop. Turn plays itself when you go all in and he's committed.