Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-27-2007, 02:30 PM

Default Re: If they had a (restaurant/fast food) in my town, it\'d make $$$.

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I've read that one hurdle preventing them from expanding (outside of the SW) is that every location has to be within a day's drive of their processing plant, is that true?

[/ QUOTE ]
Yes, In-n-Out is dead-set against using freezers at any stage in their business. No freezers, heat lamps, or microwaves in any stores or at any stage of distribution. Their buns, patties, and other products have no preservatives in them. I absolutely love that they do this. I ate there 5-6 days a week for over a year and a half, and never got tired of their burgers.

They need more processing plants.

[/ QUOTE ]

I believe Baja Fresh has the same mentality <3
Old 03-27-2007, 02:57 PM

Kind of related, but after trips to both SF and NYC in the last year, I had this crazy bug about trying to artificially grow a Chinatown in Nashville, TN. I guess maybe the best shot would be to open several different kinds of store all in the same place - restaurants from low- to mid-end, asian groceries, etc - and then hire away the staff at those types of places that are in Nashville but spread all over town.

Basically, I want to be able to grab a pork bun and then stroll down the street for a lunch of soup dumplings.
Old 03-27-2007, 05:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
My friend went to U of Maryland in arguably the worst college town I have ever seen.

[/ QUOTE ]I didn't go there, but I grew up in Maryland. Just curious as to why you say this.

[/ QUOTE ]

It is a college of 30,000 people, the town has like 4 bars and 4 places to eat where you don't have to risk food poisoning and you have to pay for all of the public parking. Also the nearby townies are apparantly dangerous and students get murdered on rare occasion. If someone can find a worse college town, I will let college Park off the hook.

[/ QUOTE ]

Temple (Referring to the area of the city - not so much the city itself)