Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-22-2007, 04:30 PM

Default Paytru: $2.95 Monthly $ervice Fee

Got my Paytru card in the first wave with everyone else. Yesterday, my withdrawal went thru at Pokerstars. It showed up on my Paytru card 21 hours later.

1/2 an hour later I was charged the monthly service fee of $2.95. I find that timing peculiar. Were others charged today too (if you had a balance)?

Other notes:

--$4 ATM withdrawal fee charged by Paytru. I thought they had dropped this to $2 (mentioned in a previous thread)
--I Did Not change my Pin number. The paper that the card is attached too when it comes in the mail says call or log in to change your pin to use your card. I thought this was redundant as I already changed the PIN when I signed up. So, I did not change it again and it worked fine at the ATM today.
Old 03-22-2007, 04:42 PM

Default Re: Paytru: $2.95 Monthly $ervice Fee

As was discussed when the card was first introduced. The $2.95 Monthly Service fee is charged at random. If you have a balance on the card for the random day of the month they choose to use to calculate the charge, bad beat.

Are you sure the $4 was charged by Pay Thru? What about the owner of the ATM, did they charge too?

Either way, I have a Pay Thru card and I have it for back-up or emergency. The fees and $500 per day limit means I will still be using checks for normal regular use.
Old 03-22-2007, 04:52 PM

The paper that comes with the card says that the ATM fee is 4.00. On their site however they state that the fee is 2.50. I e-mailed them a few days ago for clarification on this but I have never had any of my e-mails returned by them so that's most likely a lost cause. There are also a few other fees that are changed/added that is explained on the paper that differs from the site.
Old 03-22-2007, 05:33 PM

Paytru's T&C's say the ATM fee is $4.

Also, according to Stars support your account is scanned *daily* for a balance. If there is one, Paytru will hit you with the $2.95 monthly fee.
Old 03-22-2007, 10:59 PM

I just withdrew 506 from Stars to get 500 from an ATM. I just got back from that, the ATM owner charged me 2, and there is 2 left on my paytru card.

Time to recycle that 2 back into Stars...
Old 03-23-2007, 09:29 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Also, according to Stars support your account is scanned *daily* for a balance. If there is one, Paytru will hit you with the $2.95 monthly fee.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is absolutely untrue. I've had money sitting on this account for 20 days now and no monthly fee.

I do recall the thread where a Stars representitive said they randomly charge the monthly service fee though.
Old 03-23-2007, 09:52 AM

That's good to know, although I'd be interested to know if you get hit with a $2.95 fee down the road even if you withdraw your money today. Oh well, I signed up and will play the monthly fee lottery.
Old 03-27-2007, 04:01 PM

Quick bump, I received a reply from PayTru's Customer Services about the inaccurate fees thats listed on their website and the T&C paper that came with the card:

Thank you for contacting us, we apologize for the delay. The information on
our web site is the correct fee information. We apologize for the confusion.

LaQuan
payTru Customer Service

What has everyone been getting charged by just TruPay? I've seen some say 2.00 and some 4.00. (Not including the fee the ATM owner charges)
Old 04-10-2007, 01:42 PM

What a jopke.

Had a withdrawal hit my empty card today from Pokerstars. Monthly service fee charged 15 minutes later. I guess there's gonna be no way to avoid it if they charge you immediately after you put some $$$ on your card.

What are other people's experiences with getting charged this fee?

(At least it looks like the ATM fee has dropped to $2.50, instead of the $4 I was charged the first time)
Old 04-10-2007, 03:29 PM

Just wait until they charge you a buck here and a buck there for unknown reasons, and when you try to make a withdrawal only to be charged another buck because the transaction was declined. Ummm, did someone already mention emailing them is useless? Yeah, pretty much so, so GL to you dedicated PayTru guys and gals out there.