Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-27-2007, 02:59 PM

Default Re: Full Tilt Account hacked for $40,000

[ QUOTE ]
That sucks, try and find out how someone got onto your account.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ya thats the one thing that stumps me the most, I still cannot figure out how they got access. I am not sloppy at all with security measures.
Old 03-27-2007, 03:00 PM

Is there a FAQ for security measures?
Old 03-27-2007, 03:07 PM

I think it's a long shot, and I'm not sure what you can do about it, but is your FTP password the same as other passwords you use? For example, if you registered on some online site and used the same password as you did for FTP, then it's possible that the online site basically stole your identity. Most websites are reputable (2+2 for instance), but you never know.

They said that it came from a different I.P. address. ASK THEM WHAT IT WAS. You can find out the person's location, contact their ISP, and try your best to get the police to do something. $40K is a lot of money. Good luck.
Old 03-27-2007, 03:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showfl...p;vc=1&nt=6
Old 03-27-2007, 03:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showfl...p;vc=1&nt=6

[/ QUOTE ]

Very helpful for everyone, thanks.
Old 03-28-2007, 01:45 PM

if u have a good amount of money on a site then keep your account logged in at all times even when you sleep, they cannot get in if your screen name is in.
Old 03-28-2007, 01:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]
if u have a good amount of money on a site then keep your account logged in at all times even when you sleep, they cannot get in if your screen name is in.

[/ QUOTE ]

Sure they can. If the person has the ability to plant a keylogger on your computer, they will also have the ability to plant a remote server or any other back door.
Old 03-28-2007, 02:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Also, didn't we go over this and the FTP default is to log out the present login and let the new on on instead.
Old 03-28-2007, 02:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Also, didn't we go over this and the FTP default is to log out the present login and let the new on on instead.

[/ QUOTE ]

i thought ftp default was the opposite.
Old 03-27-2007, 03:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

this is about all I could find on their site:

"Banking and Transaction Processing - Real Money

Full Tilt Poker conducts their banking and financial affairs in accordance with generally accepted standards of internationally recognized banking institutions. Full Tilt Poker follows and adheres to applicable laws pertaining to transaction reporting and anti-money laundering laws and regulations.

Prize Payouts - Real Money

Full Tilt Poker does ensure that there is adequate financing available to pay all current obligations and that working capital is adequate to finance ongoing operations. Full Tilt Poker does pay winnings and account balances promptly upon reasonable demand.

Security - Real Money Section

Full Tilt Poker Inc. uses 256-bit SSL encryption to protect sensitive information online, and also does everything possible to protect user-information off-line. All users' information, not just the sensitive information mentioned above, is restricted in our offices. Only employees who need the information to perform a specific job (for example, a billing clerk or a customer service representative) are granted access to personally identifiable information. ALL employees are kept up-to-date on security and privacy practices. Every quarter, as well as any time new policies are added, employees are notified and/or reminded about the importance Full Tilt Poker places on privacy, and what they can do to ensure that user and member information is protected. Finally, the servers that store personally identifiable information are kept in a secure environment, behind a locked cage. For additional information, please refer to the Privacy Agreement on this site."