Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Full Ring
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 03-26-2007, 08:28 PM

Default Re: Poker Stars Regulars

[ QUOTE ]
I'm playing 3k hands everyday at NL100 and no one mentioned me. My username is gerardx1983

[/ QUOTE ]
I've got you crushing NL100 at 19.85 ptbb/100. Of course, thats only over 350 hands. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 03-26-2007, 08:38 PM

wtf is so hard about 8 tabling full ring for 8 hours? its not even hard to 12 table 6max
Old 03-26-2007, 09:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]
wtf is so hard about 8 tabling full ring for 8 hours? its not even hard to 12 table 6max

[/ QUOTE ]

mmmmmm....that does sound good. i'll have that.
Old 03-26-2007, 09:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

12 tabling 6 max at 18/14?
Old 03-27-2007, 12:14 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I think this thread is a bad idea.
This site has a ton of lurkers, so lets say one of the lurkers see their name listed with some of their exploitable tendancies. The lurker then procedes to fix those tendancies without ever asking for help.

With poker tracker, PAHUD etc. People can do their own research on players.

Why give a cheat sheet?

[/ QUOTE ]

Because reads on people are more important than reads based on statistics. And posted hands would actually more interesting if you posted in the context of two known players.

Also, it would be interesting to examine winning styles as case studies. If we found a non-2+2er, or even a 2+2er willing to volunteer, then using a couple of notes, histories and play analysis of a TAA, TAP, TPA, TAP, LAA, LAP, LPA, or LPP as a case study. Why does he win? Why does he lose? What can we learn? If he learns something too, then one guy getting better so we all get better won't hurt the group's BB/100 as much as it helps.

I think in the age of datamining and datawarehousing that failing to discuss regular players by name, regardless of whether they are on 2+2 is probably a missed opportunity for improved tactics and strategy posts.
Old 03-27-2007, 11:00 AM

"I'm playing 3k hands everyday at NL100 and no one mentioned me. My username is gerardx1983"

This is exactly why this thread is a big mistake. If you notice this guy just made his first post and it's trying to get us to give him what our reads are on him.
Old 03-27-2007, 11:01 AM

[ QUOTE ]

"I'm playing 3k hands everyday at NL100 and no one mentioned me. My username is gerardx1983"

This is exactly why this thread is a big mistake. If you notice this guy just made his first post and it's trying to get us to give him what our reads are on him.

[/ QUOTE ]

its not like you are a massive contributor yourself
Old 03-27-2007, 11:29 AM

"its not like you are a massive contributor yourself "

I am not asking you for info either.
I do also post from time to time and try to help others when I can and feel that it is some thing that I can add that will be useful. I am not protesting this thread just pointing out why it can be bad. I myself posted in this thread earlier but it is discouraging when you see this type thing.

Just because I only have 100 odd post's doesn't make me any less of of a 2+2er I think if you do a search almost all of my post's are helping other's in hh threads. I don't even think I have asked for help for myself and I sure didn't come to this thread asking for opinions on my own play nor would have I considered doing this on my first post either.

The main reason I don't post allot is because pretty much any question a person could have is already been addressed at least 20 times by at least 20 excellent players. I prefer to spend my time reading post's from the really, really good players than asking a question that has been asked over and over after all how many times have we seen the ole " use the search" posted in a thread by a beginner?
Old 03-27-2007, 11:42 AM

It is pretty pathetic for the first post to be so selfish. Clearly he signed up specifically to get info on himself and has no intention 2 help anyone else.
Old 03-27-2007, 12:01 PM

He is a pretty pathetic player I hope no one helps him. If you can't look at your own stats and figure out what your VERY obvious leaks are you have big problems. I have been following this thread and and I see good and bad in it.

With that said there are some very good players from here that play 100nl. I enjoy playing with pokerboy1 in the mourning's and I believe have played blunty some too. There are lots more of you guys who know me I know you yada yada. I have been thinking about joining in here for awhile and look forward to sharing with some that I play with every day but I just hate having some thing out on the Internet for anyone like this guy to read.
Closed Thread