Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Televised Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-27-2007, 07:13 AM

Default Re: High Stakes Poker thread 3/26 (Ivey and others)

[ QUOTE ]
I don't think Gabe knows that much about poker. His comment when J Dags checked the two pair on the river after a mono flop, was he was worried Williams had slowplayed a flopped flush. Looked like a pretty obvious attempt to induce a bluff to me.

[/ QUOTE ]

or the fact the David easily have Ad with pair on flop (i.e. AdTx/Ad8x)

or that he has a bare ace and might try to value bet the river and JDags calls with middle 2 pair.

Honestly, when I was watching, I liked JDags play on each street (including preflop) and David played poor/weak-tight on the turn and river (turn is an easy fold if you're going to play your hand face up) and river he should have bet 40k to rep a better 2 pair on the river (i.e. AdTx)
Old 03-27-2007, 07:42 AM

[ QUOTE ]
So how was the episode overall for those that watched? Worth staying up to catch the re-run at 2?

[/ QUOTE ]

Geez I dont know what to say. Maybe I`m expecting too much from this line up.
Phillllllllllllllll please explain that flush fold.
STUNNED!!!! [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]
Old 03-27-2007, 08:25 AM

I think the hand in this episode that stuck out to me the most, specifically the one street that stuck out, was DN's 64dd on the river (58T66 two diamonds board). Why on earth did DN check????!!!! That was a PERFECT spot to overbet the pot and make it look like u missed ur flush, as its pretty hard to put u on a 6 there. I can't see any reason why DN checked that river other than to induce Williams to bluff his obvious missed flush or he thought Ivey would try value betting an overpair. I think he acted too quickly and didnt think about everyone's hand and his best play. I think a 40k-50k bet would have been called by Ivey, possibly not, but it was definitely the best chance to make money on that river, where DN should be pretty much positive he has the best hand.
Old 03-27-2007, 08:58 AM

You will find it at Pokertube
Old 03-27-2007, 09:02 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
So how was the episode overall for those that watched? Worth staying up to catch the re-run at 2?

[/ QUOTE ]

Geez I dont know what to say. Maybe I`m expecting too much from this line up.
Phillllllllllllllll please explain that flush fold.
STUNNED!!!! [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

DW bet just over the pot size into 2 players I believe, and Ivey just thought there was no way a raise or a call was good for the situation. He basically put DW on a big hand AA-QQ. If he calls he's not getting the correct odds to draw or correct implied odds as he just doesn't think he's going to get paid off if he hits as his hand will not be disguised enough. Raising isn't such a bad play but he can't stand a re-raise all in and if DW has AA-QQ he will most likely 3 bet all in. I think many players don't appreciate how folding there is probably a better play than calling or raising. Plus stacks aren't deep enough for Ivey to make a big play.
Everyone happy?
Also, I thought Ivey played the QQ hand perfectly.

Edit: DW bet $12K into $9.4K. I think considering stack sizes, DW's position and DW's range of hands, folding is the best play. Commiting himself to that hand is just bad, and calling off 12k is bad too. There's a reason why Ivey beats 300/600NL.
Old 03-27-2007, 09:14 AM

[ QUOTE ]
jesus david williams is horrible.

[/ QUOTE ]

You should watch Cash Poker. Aside from him (correctly) laying down bottom set, he plays like a complete donk for the whole season.

And it seemed really odd the way the players were leaving. In past seasons, it looked like the players were leaving of their own accord. This season, it looks like they're being kicked off the table.
Old 03-27-2007, 09:15 AM

[ QUOTE ]
DW bet just over the pot size into 2 players I believe, and Ivey just thought there was no way a raise or a call was good for the situation. He basically put DW on a big hand AA-QQ. If he calls he's not getting the correct odds to draw or correct implied odds as he just doesn't think he's going to get paid off if he hits as his hand will not be disguised enough. Raising isn't such a bad play but he can't stand a re-raise all in and if DW has AA-QQ he will most likely 3 bet all in. I think many players don't appreciate how folding there is probably a better play than calling or raising. Plus stacks aren't deep enough for Ivey to make a big play.
Everyone happy?
Also, I thought Ivey played the QQ hand perfectly.

[/ QUOTE ]
This is very good analysis....nh
Old 03-27-2007, 09:21 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Tonight's episode had some of the most atrocious post-flop cash game play I've ever seen. Horrible plays of big hands on all streets.

Ivey and Negreanu were embarrassingly bad tonight. Tournament players playing tournament style/strategy poker in cash games is just brutal to watch.

- T

[/ QUOTE ]

What hands did Ivey misplay, exactly?

Typical ignorant comments from jealous railbirds. Go play 4000/8000 then talk.
Old 03-27-2007, 09:23 AM

Anyone get why David Williams raised KJ on the turn on the 678J board? doesnt make any sense to me.
Old 03-27-2007, 09:29 AM

Default What\'s with Daniel\'s hair?

His hair, to put it kindly, is a bit messed up. What's up with that?