Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Poker > Stud
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-23-2007, 11:01 PM

Default Stud Hi (Did I turn weak?)

Rolled up Tens, but I started to slow down at the end. I thought I'd run into a 5-card hand and was afraid I wasn't going to fill up. Perhaps I should have capped it longer regardless? Looking at the hand history it seems I made a mistake by being too cautious and missed some value at the end, but at the time.... that's another story.

Show hole cards is not supported for this site.
7 Card Stud High ($1/$2), Ante $0.25, Bring-In $0.50 (converter)

Hero: $98.50
Seat 3: $18
Seat 4: $29.50
Seat 5: $20.37
Seat 6: $45.50
Seat 7: $244.27
Seat 8: $40.25

3rd Street - (1.75 SB)

Hero: T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___calls___raises___calls
Seat 3: xx xx 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___calls___folds
Seat 4: xx xx 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___raises___raises___calls
Seat 5: xx xx 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___calls___calls___calls
Seat 6: xx xx 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___brings-in___folds
Seat 7: xx xx A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___calls___calls___raises
Seat 8: xx xx 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___folds

4th Street - (18.75 SB)

Hero: T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___double-raises___double-raises
Seat 4: xx xx 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___double-raises___calls
Seat 5: xx xx 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___double-bets___calls___calls
Seat 7: xx xx A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___calls___calls___calls

5th Street - (25.38 BB)

Hero: T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___bets___raises___calls
Seat 4: xx xx 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___raises___raises
Seat 5: xx xx 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___checks___calls___calls
Seat 7: xx xx A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___checks___calls___calls

6th Street - (41.38 BB)

Hero: T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___checks___calls
Seat 4: xx xx 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___bets
Seat 5: xx xx 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___is all-in $0.12
Seat 7: xx xx A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___checks___calls

River - (44.44 BB)

Hero: T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___checks
Seat 4: xx xx 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] xx___checks
Seat 5: xx xx 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] xx___all-in
Seat 7: xx xx A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] xx___checks

Total pot: (44.44 BB)

Results (in white):<font color="white">

Total pot $88.87 Main pot $80.23 Side pot #1 $5.64 | Rake $3

Hero: [Ts Tc Th Qc Js 7h 4s] (Three of a kind, Tens, Queen high)

Seat 4: [As 7c 7s 7d 6c 8h 9d]

Seat 5: [Jd 5h Jh 3s 3d 2s 9c]

Seat 7: [Ac Ah 9s 9h Qd 6d 5d] (Two Pairs, Aces and Nines, Queen high)

</font>
Old 03-23-2007, 11:56 PM

Default Re: Stud Hi (Did I turn weak?)

played like a couple of sets, no reason to believe you are not good on 6th.

The 7d is showing straight, but I doubt he has a 5 in the hole. I'd have capped it here.
Old 03-24-2007, 12:04 PM

I think you played it ok. I can think of a few hands that seat 4 could have started with in a 1/2 game and played aggressively...maybe something like 567 of diamonds. I may have bet out 6th and just called a raise, but I dont think you made a real bad play...you sure got enough bets in there multiway earlier on that you arent kicking yourself about leaving the pot too small.
Old 03-24-2007, 03:13 PM

You left money on the table. Seat 4 raised twice on third and three-bet on fourth. He was not doing this with 54 in the hole. I'm guessing he was rolled, although he could be seriously over-playing Aces or something. He doesn't have you beaten. It's possible that the guys who are calling along have better hands. It is far, far more likely that they suck. Raise sixth and bet the river.
Old 03-24-2007, 04:39 PM

I like it except for the river. I would have bet.
Old 03-24-2007, 09:56 PM

Wow, you missed a ton of bets. Very weak, scared play. The good news is that you can easily fix this by simply shutting your eyes and checking the "raise any" button on 3rd and keep it going through 6th st. [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img] Reevaluate river play based upon opponent's board and what you think is drawing at you.
Old 03-27-2007, 01:23 AM

On 3rd and 4th your objective is to NOT push people out, but keep as many in as possible. Then play your hand for value on the following streets.

You should have let the guy raising crazy drive the pot, hoping everyone would follow, then try building the pot as much as possible. His raises to your bets on 3rd kicked a few players out who could have possibly stuck around after 4th.Players tend to stick around more after 4th when they are already " pot commited".

Anyways, you didnt play that all too bad. Where you went wrong was 6th and 7th. You missed bets on 6th and 7th because you didnt play your hands value. this pot is already so big you have awesome odds to win, and odds enough with your trips alone. Sure you may lose sometimes, but more often than not your rolled up trips will stand up, so your goal is to get as much money in the pot you possibly can.
Old 03-27-2007, 05:32 PM

The more I think about this, the more ashamed I am. I think it was just out of habbit that when a person is showing a 4 straight I immediately try to shut down action unless I fill up or flush up. I often am either beat at that point, or am just as likely to be outdrawn even if I am not.

I had him pegged on rolled up sevens the way the action went, but started fearing 'oh god' he's opened ended and has much better odds of outdrawing me.

Any 5,6,7,8,9,T and I am sunk if I don't improve. I should have capped it all the way regardless, especially with the other DONKEY in the pot with us. I played this one very bad I think by slowing down when I should have just gone with it all the way and figured, if I get beat I get beat that's poker.

Also having rolled-up Tens, I should have been less fearfull of the opened ended straight out there. Yup... I pretty much played this bad near the end. Though I felt the rolled-up 7s was going to bet the river regardless so I was planning to see if I filled up before capping it at the end.

When he checked behind, I felt I had the winning hand for sure, but by then it was too late to do anything. Damn position!
Old 03-27-2007, 07:02 PM

I'm confused. What did your hand reading skills tell you? st8 or rolled 7s? And did you play accordingly? Sounds like you weren't sure, thus the check/call 6th and 7th check, which is fine. If the rolled 7s was the mostly likely, then raise and bet. Its one or the other. Not check/call on 6th and bet on 7th, only a confused and very weak player would do that.

You're being way to hard on yourself.
Old 03-27-2007, 07:08 PM

Wow a capped 3rd, 4th and 5th. It was almost perfect. We should all be so weak.