Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-26-2007, 08:20 PM

Default Re: a special kind of [censored]

- When in a narrow hallway or something two people are walking slowly and side by side,causing a traffic jam behind them.

- trying to get on the highway and the douche by the entrance does not adjust his speed. You don't wanna let me in front of you? fine, but at least speed up so I can get in behind.

- The bill goes around the table, and everyone puts in their share plus tax and tip. The last guy around the horn just puts in enough to get to the bill total! Like seriously, did I put in extra so you could get a deal?
Old 03-26-2007, 08:58 PM

That bill one gets on my nerves. Ok, so you don't think the waiter deserves a tip, but don't cancel out my tip and decision to tip by paying for less than what you ordered.

When you are watching a movie at someone's house, and sometimes people come late. Understandable, but don't try to catch up with everyone, share a story, or ask 50 questions during the movie.
Old 03-26-2007, 09:30 PM

Ok here are some good ones that haven't been mentioned yet:

1) No one gets out of my way, and I'm not gamblegamble big (6'3ish, 205). If some 100lb 4'6 little girl in high heels and I are on a collision path, they never even think to get out of the way. One day I'm going to walk into one of these girls, and I'm going to laugh when they discover the laws of physics apply to them too.

2) Similarly, if people are walking 3 across and blocking the sidewalk, they will never move aside to let someone else walk on the sidewalk. If it's rainy or snowy or muddy, tough. They just keep blocking the path, forcing you into the mud. I'm going to start walking into these people too.

3) People who have conversations in doorways or on stairs. Huge problem at college, especially at parties and getting out of class. DO NOT BLOCK BOTTLENECKS TO HAVE A CONVERSATION. I now yell at these people and feel much better, and I also have no problem pushing through and spilling drinks. Oh, I spilled your drink? [censored] YOU douchebag get off the stairs.

4) Not holding doors or saying thank you when I go out of my way to hold a door. Or, at a crowded place when I hold a door for someone (and if its crowded it's got to be someone holding a kid or old or something) and then I get stuck holding it for 2 more minutes as everyone walks through and no one says thank you.

I'm sure there's a lot more. I'm not always the most polite or nice person to my friends and family, but I am super incredibly polite to strangers, waitstaff, fast food people, etc. since I know how much this stuff life-tilts me and I would hate to be the cause of that in another.
Old 03-26-2007, 09:32 PM

At a 4 way stop, if two cars are going in opposite directions, which one is 'right'?

I also get irritated when people (in cars, or pedestrians) wave me to do something that isn't right. I know they are trying to be nice, but it is annoying not to mention can be unsafe. This usually doesn't happen at a 4 way stop, usually with pedestrians crossing and parking lots etc.
Old 03-26-2007, 09:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]
At a 4 way stop, if two cars are going in opposite directions, which one is 'right'?

I also get irritated when people (in cars, or pedestrians) wave me to do something that isn't right. I know they are trying to be nice, but it is annoying not to mention can be unsafe. This usually doesn't happen at a 4 way stop, usually with pedestrians crossing and parking lots etc.

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah or 4 cars pull up at once? WHAT THEN?
Old 03-26-2007, 09:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I didnt know that was the rule either, and then I thought, which is right anyways? wtf? But I figure, if each guy looks to his right, one of them wont have a car theret, so it must be him that goes. I have no idea if that is correct.
Old 03-26-2007, 09:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah or 4 cars pull up at once? WHAT THEN?

[/ QUOTE ]

4 cars enter, 1 car leaves, duh.
Old 03-26-2007, 09:57 PM

I walk really fast, and whenever I come up to one of those slow groups of two or three (possibly holding hands, which makes it much more annoying), blocking the sidewalk, I take a small bit of satisfaction knowing that everyone will turn and look for a second when the fast guy (me) has to slow down (I mean, it's a notable deceleration, and most eyes will unconsciously look) and strategize a way around them.
Old 03-26-2007, 09:58 PM

The funny thing is, Thailand is supposed to be so warm and friendly, but the first two things in this list happen all of the time.
Old 03-26-2007, 09:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
About 12 years ago, the ex-shedevil and I are in Costco with the kids, just getting into line.

...the ex-hoe looks over at me and asks "did you have chicken pox as a kid???"...

I know exactely what is going to happen next. I answer "No." and just as am I (she already knew the answer) she says "Well, you will in 2 days..." and gestures over to a lady standing in the adjacent line with her THREE KIDS COVERED IN POX.

WTF???

This bitch had the nerve to take her [censored] pox festered little [censored] runts to A STORE FULL OF PEOPLE??

Sure enough, two days later...

[/ QUOTE ]

Well that would explain your disgustingly pock-marked face.