Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-26-2007, 08:06 PM

Default Re: $100NL How do you play KINGS?

First off, this is a very tough hand so don't be surprised if everyone is saying something different.

I agree with those who say cbet the flop here. Without cbetting we can't exactly minimize his hand range here, we are giving free cards to draws and making it difficult for ourselves later on.

I see where you are coming from with what has you crushed but you are not even considering, suited connectors that call a reraise or small pocket pairs, all of which probably missed here or hit a draw. This could even be TT, and he bets turn because he's picked up an OESD.

If you get CRAI on flop, its a tough decision, I think a fold is in order. Otherwise, bet flop and re-eval turn. If he leads turn, I think we may be beat here. If he checks, tbh I'm really unsure what to do, probably check behind. With your line as I suggest, I think its much less likely he'll bet the river with crap because you kind of played it like AQ.

Critique me please.
Old 03-26-2007, 08:20 PM

you have absolutely no clue where you stand if you do not bet this flop, and he is only raising u with hands you are beat with or close to flipping, you play a guessing game the rest of the way by checking this flop
Old 03-26-2007, 08:20 PM

Are you moronic? This is not a site where you tell people they are crap. If you are gonna tell them they are crap AND tell them how to improve then fine but don't be an idiot and go "this hand was played ridiculously bad." Why thank you, why the hell did you think he posted it genius.
Old 03-26-2007, 08:25 PM

I always bet/fold here. It's not that because his pfr is only 12% that his 3bet call range is like 2% [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

As played I fold the river because of the 2nd Q coming out.
Old 03-26-2007, 08:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Considering that he raises only 12% of his hands preflop and is an UTG raiser what do u put his range at?

[/ QUOTE ]

a guy who play 38/12 is generally bad at poker and probably dont know what position is, meaning I'm pretty sure this kind of guy raise the same hands utg or in the button.

I spend a little time checking my database on people I have 2k+ hands at 100NL and was amazed at how many 25/10 type did not play position at all. They basicly raise the same 10 % hands no matter where they are.
Old 03-26-2007, 08:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Maximizing EV can still mean negative profit. It's simply the least negative.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah I agree. Why is betting the flop more EV than checking though? His range is JJ-AA/AK/AQ most likely.

[/ QUOTE ]

b/c when you have QQ in this spot and bet the flop you want a call or c/r, if you play this hand a certain way yet top set another way, thinking players will catch on... fast.
Old 03-26-2007, 09:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]
<font color="blue">Villian is 38/12/1</font>

Full Tilt Poker
No Limit Holdem Ring game
Blinds: $0.50/$1
6 players
Seat 1: UTG+1 ($99.50)
Seat 2: CO ($47.20)
Seat 3: Hero is Button ($207.70)
Seat 4: SB ($121.45)
Seat 5: Villian is BB ($96.05)
Seat 6: UTG ($99.50)
Converter

Pre-flop: (6 players) Hero is Button with K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
<font color="#cc0000">UTG raises to $3.5</font>, 2 folds, <font color="#cc0000">Hero raises to $12</font>, SB folds, BB calls, UTG folds.

Flop: 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] ($28, 2 players)
BB checks, Hero checks.

<font color="blue"> Anyone like a bet here? I figured JJ-QQ/AA all have me crushed.</font>

Turn: 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] ($28, 2 players)
<font color="#cc0000">BB bets $20</font>, Hero calls.

River: Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] ($68, 2 players)
<font color="#cc0000">BB bets $35</font>, Hero folds.
Uncalled bets: $35 returned to BB.

Results:
Final pot: $68

[/ QUOTE ]

I bet the flop about 100% of the time and push vs a reraise for 1 buyin. If I misclicked and checked I would push all-in on the turn. If I misclicked again and just called the turn I'd call the river even though I'm behind &gt; 50% at this point.

The guy is 38/12 AKA not very good. Guys who are 38/12 don't fold to reraises preflop so discount a bit for him being UTG (even though guys who are 38/12 don't necesarily play position very well) leaving about 10% of hands.

JJ/QQ/AA = 1.5%
AK/AQ/AJ/AT = 5.4% and looking at the action it could easily be one of these hands.

Up until the river you killed his range. On the river it becomes a little iffy but for half a pot I'd call.

rvg
Old 03-26-2007, 09:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I think you played this well.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 03-26-2007, 10:39 PM

If villain is so bad and is capable of check-raising the flop (don't ask me why, he'd do this) that can't we be putting ourselves in a difficult spot if we plan on bet folding the flop?
Old 03-26-2007, 10:48 PM

Full Tilt Poker
No Limit Holdem Ring game
Blinds: $0.50/$1
6 players
Seat 1: UTG+1 ($99.50)
Seat 2: CO ($47.20)
Seat 3: Villain is Button ($207.70)
Seat 4: SB ($121.45)
Seat 5: Hero is BB ($96.05)
Seat 6: UTG ($99.50)
Converter

Pre-flop: (6 players) Hero is BB with T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
<font color="#cc0000">UTG raises to $3.5</font>, 2 folds, <font color="#cc0000">Villain raises to $12</font>, SB folds, Hero calls, UTG folds.

<font color="blue">Suited connectors are great hands so obviously $12 isn't enough to keep me out of the pot with one.</font>

Flop: 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] ($28, 2 players)
Hero checks, Villain checks.

<font color="blue">Interesting; lots of hands in villain's range hit this flop pretty hard, but he still checked behind! He must have a smallish pair and be afraid of the big cards, or maybe he has ace king! Actually, he re-raised preflop and didn't bet this flop, so he almost certainly has ace-king, because people always have ace-king when they raise before the flop.</font>

Turn: 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] ($28, 2 players)
<font color="#cc0000">Hero bets $20</font>, Villain calls.

<font color="blue">Sweet, I picked up a pair! So now I'm open-ended AND I can beat ace-king at showdown! However, ace-king still has a straight draw and overcards, so I'd better put in a bet to make sure he doesn't draw out on me cheaply.</font>

River: Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] ($68, 2 players)
<font color="#cc0000">Hero bets $35</font>, Villain folds.
Uncalled bets: $35 returned to Hero.

<font color="blue">Sweet, my nines are still good against his obvious AK! Let me see if I can trick this sucker into calling a bet with ace high...nope, he folded, oh well, I still got him to make a silly turn call. What a fish!!!11</font>

Results:
Final pot: $68

Just one of the many, many ways this hand could have gone down without villain having JJ+. Come on dude.

Bet the flop, as played call turn and call river. You're giving villain WAY too much credit here preflop. I saw a guy with similar stats cold-call 98o and 3 barrel bluff in this spot the other day.