Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-26-2007, 01:35 AM

Default steal flops the baby flush. whats my line?

so i was stealin with some suited junk but flopped a flush. i really didnt think opponent had the flush on the flop, perhaps TP or a straight draw, perhaps a four flush. then he minraises me on the turn which seemed to be a blank, although could have completed a 7-J straight draw. i put him all in since if he had the straight, he's calling, if he had the four flush, i wanted to put the monies in ahead, and if he had a flush over mine, well that is just variance. do you take this same line? of course the K falls and i crap my pants, but what do you think?

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $0.02 BB (6 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

Button ($5.10)
Hero ($5.65)
BB ($2.76)
UTG ($5.71)
MP ($4.89)
CO ($2.08)

Preflop: Hero is SB with 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">4 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $0.08</font>, BB calls $0.06.

Flop: ($0.16) A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $0.14</font>, BB calls $0.14.

Turn: ($0.44) 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $0.4</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB raises to $0.8</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $3.22</font>, BB calls $1.74 (All-In).

River: ($6.20) K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players, 1 all-in)</font>

Final Pot: $6.20
Old 03-26-2007, 01:44 AM

Default Re: steal flops the baby flush. whats my line?

I check -fold the turn.
As played - fold to the raise or at the worst, just flat call his raise. He shouldn't be raising there with anything less than a flush, and a 7 high flush is pretty [censored].
In the event I get to the river and the king drops, then I and still check folding, 7 high flush is even worse when there are 4 clubs up.
Old 03-26-2007, 01:52 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I check -fold the turn.
As played - fold to the raise or at the worst, just flat call his raise. He shouldn't be raising there with anything less than a flush, and a 7 high flush is pretty [censored].
In the event I get to the river and the king drops, then I and still check folding, 7 high flush is even worse when there are 4 clubs up.

[/ QUOTE ]

seriously though, on the flop, the only thing i have to be worried about is a flopped flush over flush, how often does that happen. i can see the villian having a little money left on the river and me having a hard time calling with a 7 high flush, but that is why i got the money in on the turn, when theoretically, im ahead.
Old 03-26-2007, 01:57 AM

[ QUOTE ]
seriously though, on the flop, the only thing i have to be worried about is a flopped flush over flush, how often does that happen.

[/ QUOTE ]

in this position, often enough, BB to a LP raise, in .01/.02 NL any suited picture, any 2 faces, and suited semiconnectors, microstakes players overestimate the value of suited cards. this is very likely.
Old 03-26-2007, 01:59 AM

played perfect to me.

check folding the turn is somwhere about an abomination and needn't be discussed. You can't give a higher single club a free card and in a bvb situation he is doing this with way more than a flush. Ace with a single high club, two pair, worse flush, straight...all are calling your push.

Be not frightened of overflushes creamdog, when they happen smile knowing you put your money in correctly in the long term, then bitch about it to someone who cares if you can find them. I can't.
Old 03-26-2007, 03:05 AM

Flopped flush in an HU pot ? Get it all-in as fast as possible. You see sets, AKc/AQc, AJ, A9, T8 etc... often enough.
Don't worry about flopped flush over flush, especially on an A high board.
Old 03-26-2007, 03:09 AM

ummm, aside from the fact that i wouldnt be stealing to try to pick up blinds w/ 37s ... once you have the flush, you should be potting it the whole way, and hoping to get it in as soon as u possibly can. u should only be thinking about folding if the 4th club hits the board, and hes betting into u. otherwise, dont trip buddy.
Old 03-26-2007, 11:20 AM

[ QUOTE ]
ummm, aside from the fact that i wouldnt be stealing to try to pick up blinds w/ 37s ... once you have the flush, you should be potting it the whole way, and hoping to get it in as soon as u possibly can. u should only be thinking about folding if the 4th club hits the board, and hes betting into u. otherwise, dont trip buddy.

[/ QUOTE ]

i just dont let villians limp in bvb. i have found that raising in a bvb situation gets villians to fold a lot of hands that they would just see a flop for dirt cheap with any two if i check behind.

i really didnt feel like he had any hand i could be scared of. all the monies were in by the time that K came out so if he did win, i was in ahead 9.99999999 times out of 10.
Old 03-26-2007, 11:29 AM

Standard, although the raise with 37 sooded is debatable.
Old 03-26-2007, 03:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Standard, although the raise with 37 sooded is debatable.

[/ QUOTE ]

it was just a limper beat down. i dont raise 37s from the button, only in blind battles. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]