Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Medium Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-25-2007, 10:32 PM

Default 400NL 3barrel

I took a shot at 400NL last week

Not having datamined 400NL, I only have a vague read of villian being your generic regular, seemed good and had raised a good deal from co and btn, so I decide to play back at him looking down at J9s from the SB.

So it is a fairly standard (I think ??) threebet from the SB followed by cbetting flop getting a call.

I pick up an OESD on turn and decide to fire again with my draw as a security blanket (again is this standard?)

And then an Ace hits river, and I mentaly click being a bit nervous in the first place due to the new envirement, so I decide to bluff the Ace, Is this cool or just simply braindead ??

Please feel free to comment [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Party Poker
No Limit Holdem Ring game
Blinds: $2/$4
4 players
Converter

Pre-flop: (4 players) Hero is SB with 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
UTG folds, <font color="#cc0000">Button raises to $8</font>, <font color="#cc0000">Hero raises to $28</font>, BB folds, Button calls.

Flop: 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] ($60, 2 players)
<font color="#cc0000">Hero bets $50</font>, Button calls.

Turn: 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] ($160, 2 players)
<font color="#cc0000">Hero bets $100</font>, Button calls.

River: A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] ($360, 2 players)
Hero raises all-in $222
Old 03-25-2007, 10:34 PM

Default Re: 400NL 3barrel

I really dont see how you can rep that ace, and since everyone loves bluffing aces this will make him want to call more. Also, you really dont have enough to push him off many hands, if you really wanna do this you gotta have more chips or bet less on turn.
Old 03-25-2007, 10:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I really dont see how you can rep that ace, and since everyone loves bluffing aces this will make him want to call more. Also, you really dont have enough to push him off many hands, if you really wanna do this you gotta have more chips or bet less on turn.

[/ QUOTE ]

OK, but would you play the rest of the hand the same way ?
Old 03-25-2007, 10:44 PM

bah, I don't mind it, but if you bluff here, you just HAVE to have the ability to valuebet shove AJ+ here, and it would be nice if villian knew that.
Old 03-25-2007, 10:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]
bah, I don't mind it, but if you bluff here, you just HAVE to have the ability to valuebet shove AJ+ here, and it would be nice if villian knew that.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'd play AJ+ or a semibluffed AK or whatever the same way, but it is a good point, that villian does not know that (yet) .. hmmm
Old 03-25-2007, 11:14 PM

Seems like a good line but you really to know Villain is able to fold QQ-KK in this posistion because honestly, what did he call your flop and turn bet with? Unless you have seen him float like this, I'd say you are in trouble.
Old 03-25-2007, 11:17 PM

i dont really like the turn bet in this situation because you have to fold if your raised
and an eight isnt really a scare card for your opponent. If you wanna be agressive a check raise all in might be best if you think hes a frequent floater. This way you put the pressure on him meanwhile you are guaranteed to see the river. If he isnt a floater or hes passive you can get a free card or check call a bet if you believe you have implied odds. But preflop and the flop are basically standard. As played bluffing the ace isnt bad i think ideally you would leave yourself with a bigger bet for the river because hes getting 3-1 odds. So with this line bet liek 80 on the river and then its closer to a pot sized bet when that ace hits.
Old 03-25-2007, 11:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Seems like a good line but you really to know Villain is able to fold QQ-KK in this posistion because honestly, what did he call your flop and turn bet with? Unless you have seen him float like this, I'd say you are in trouble.

[/ QUOTE ]

Im pretty sure villian does not hold QQ-KK [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]