Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > High Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-25-2007, 08:18 PM

Default Re: High stakes at wpx?!

[ QUOTE ]
Hey custom, I really thought WPX was going to take off when Party shut down to the US market. I really don't understand why it didn't.

I actually tried to post a couple of threads on this topic at the time and I didn't really receive a postive response. Just similar comments to Scary tiger. Not sure why, but many people here seem to have something against rake free poker.

Also, one thing I
noticed about this forum is the regular posters seem to be an unfriendly bunch with new people.

[/ QUOTE ]

true on both counts.

on the latter first, my guess is that people here, for some reason i dont know, take offense when new people join as if their membership in this community will be reduced as new people enter. those members can also get frustrated when the same question/comment/thread gets posted time and time again and lose patience and instead of not posting, they want to vent and the newcomer takes the brunt of it (very unfortunately b/c we coudl lose a valuable member who is just learning like we all once were)

as to the rake free poker & having something aginst it, there dont seem to be enough bad players playing there consistently enough to multitable the games. playing SH vs. competant oponents for free isn't as valuable as playing SH vs. way worse opponents and paying a fee (Rake) to do it.

my guess is that most people overrate their ability relative to their competition and many would do well to switch to wsex (this goes for all stakes from micro to mid...high is different as it is usually 1-5 known bad players that keep a game running at higher limts).

anyways, i can tell im rambling.

l8r,
B
Old 03-25-2007, 08:23 PM

I can't believe the level of unprovoked aggression on this forum, are most of you teenagers?
1/ This scary tiger sounds very impressive maybe i should have thought twice about his 20k either way proposition. Is he some sort of big name- i'm dying to know now!!!!
2/ Would you back yourself against me bluffman? if not what you write comes across as boring old hero worship.
3/ trying to put down unfamiliar players is just silly, if you don't know much about someone i would assume the worst, in my belief thats just good poker sense. if a brand new handle hops into 500/1000 it sounds like you lot would be fighting over each other for seats at the table. Doesn't it occur to you that fantastic players sometimes players sometimes change their handles? But ooops you've just donked off a fortune finding that out- that's if you're sharp enough to find out.
Old 03-25-2007, 08:38 PM

custom02, we have played a lot together on stars.
i would be happy to play you anytime HU on stars 30-60. i am not comfortable playing anything higher at the moment, so if you want to play something like 100-200 or 200-400, i would only play if i had backers.

and no, im not a scary_tiger fanboy, i just think he's a much better player than you are. which is not to say you are terrible, just that coming in here and slamming Scary_Tiger without even knowing him is kinda stupid unless you are some LHE god.
Old 03-25-2007, 08:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]
3/ trying to put down unfamiliar players is just silly, if you don't know much about someone i would assume the worst, in my belief thats just good poker sense. if a brand new handle hops into 500/1000 it sounds like you lot would be fighting over each other for seats at the table. Doesn't it occur to you that fantastic players sometimes players sometimes change their handles? But ooops you've just donked off a fortune finding that out- that's if you're sharp enough to find out.

[/ QUOTE ]

You aren't unknown. We are aware of who you are. We've both played with you on PokerStars and possibly elsewhere.
Old 03-25-2007, 09:05 PM

Out of curiousity where in all these posts have i "slammed" tiger? maybe prematurely i said i'll give him a quick whirl for 20k, is that slamming? just agreeeing to play with someone?
I'm not stupid enough to fool myself into thinking i'm better than everyone but i don't have to be. all i have to be is better than my opponents.
Are you Bluffman86? if so we have played a few hands together yes. you obviously rate yourself over me that's fine, do you think i make a lot of mistakes? i would appreciate any comments. and i mean that genuinely.
we've even played a couple of hundred hands of HU together already, you're small down at the moment. maybe we will have an oppotunity to pick it up sometime but hu on pokerstars can be troublesome.
i respect your honesty when it comes to what limits you are comfortable to play, my PT shows you as a winner so i'm sure you'll get there.
in the meantime if you want to play HU with backers i'm ok with that, if you've got a cryto account thats even better for as they have good sized fast HU tables.
Old 03-25-2007, 09:07 PM

well you came in here asking for advice, Scary_Tiger gave his 2 cents, and you immediately discarded it saying he was probably a "nobody" who had no clue what he was talking about.
Old 03-25-2007, 09:14 PM

Custom, i didn't mean to sound as if i believed i was MUCH better than you. i will basically not hesitate to play anyone at 30-60 HU, that's all i meant when I said I would be happy to play you.

I have spoken to a friend and actually he is willing to back me up to 200-400 on stars. So if you're up for that, let me know and we'll set it up. I don't think we'll get many interruptions as the regulars in that game are pretty respectful of people who only want HU. Cheers.
Old 03-25-2007, 09:23 PM

OK, well maybe we can look to do this in the future. Without sounding overly paranoid as i'm sure you're perfectly moral but i'd prefer somewhat random timing (as in one day when we're both on stars just link up and go for it) rather than a fixed time. Just to insure it's you i get to play as opposed to your LHE HU champion best friend. Hopefully you understand that- i'm friends with a very well known swedish player who lives in london so it can work both ways and i've seen it done before after a long slanging match here on 2+2.
Assuming you keep enough money in your stars to play a comfortable hu 200/400 game are you able to do this and then inform your backer of the results?
Old 03-25-2007, 09:39 PM

<3 the drama
Old 03-26-2007, 01:24 AM

[ QUOTE ]
<3 the drama

[/ QUOTE ]

Your first post in months is this...?

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz zzzzzzzzzz

when are we going to teach eachother NL?