Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-25-2007, 04:28 PM

Default Re: set up for multitabling online!

[ QUOTE ]
Anyone have any tips on being able to actually mentally handle this? I'm not a moron (well, some people think I am [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img] ) but I can't deal with more than 2 at a time, I've played more, but I've always lost my ass at them.

[/ QUOTE ]

It simply takes time... once you become more comfortable in your decisions at the poker table, a lot of your decisions will be automated; making it easy to multi-table.

When I started, I struggled with two tables; now I can play 5 tables with relative ease...
Old 03-25-2007, 06:55 PM

How do you multitable without overlap? I have two tables open on Full Tilt right now and they overlap. 19" screen, resolution at highest possible. Is there software available that allows you to resize the windows?
Old 03-25-2007, 07:19 PM

a 19" CRT should be able to do 1280x1024 comfortably, and a nice one should be able to do 1600x1200 comfortably, and probably will go even higher than that. A 1600x1200 screen will fit four 800x600 without overlap, and I haven't seen any sites that use more than that unless you tell them to...
Old 03-25-2007, 07:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]
a 19" CRT should be able to do 1280x1024 comfortably, and a nice one should be able to do 1600x1200 comfortably, and probably will go even higher than that. A 1600x1200 screen will fit four 800x600 without overlap, and I haven't seen any sites that use more than that unless you tell them to...

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, but 1280 x 1024 will have overlap. 1600 x 1200 is not all that common, and is only available on a couple of monitors that size...actually, I thought the Dell & Samsung 20" models were the smallest that did...and only specific models, btw.

[ QUOTE ]
How do you multitable without overlap? I have two tables open on Full Tilt right now and they overlap. 19" screen, resolution at highest possible. Is there software available that allows you to resize the windows?

[/ QUOTE ]
I don't know of any software that will do this, but sites with resizeable tables will let you mulitable without overlap. Party, Poker Stars, Everest, and the Full Tilt beta are the ones I know of.
Old 03-25-2007, 07:36 PM

If you are serious about online poker and it seems that you are, you don't want to be squinting at tiny little tables. If you are a winning player the money spent on 2 1600X1200 LCD monitors is not all that much and your comfort is definately worth it.

There are alot of good 20" 1600X1200 monitors with the Samsungs and the Dells being the most popular around 2+2. I got my Dells for around 350 CDN$ each. The more expensive larger models are better for somethings but for Poker I think that 2 or even 3 good 20" monitors is what you need and is ideal.