Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > News, Views, and Gossip
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-24-2007, 11:51 PM

Default Some random Vegas thoughts

So, I just got home yesterday from another week in Vegas, that being my 5th time going. Had a great time as usual, didn't play too much poker this trip, as the wife was along with me. We did, however, play some blackjack, and I can't stand the game! The wife likes it, though, so it's o.k. I will be back in June for the WSOP, and will be playing very very long sessions of poker, and NO blackjack.

I finally tried FatBurger and In and Out Burger, and have to say In and Out is much better in my opinion. Very tasty, and very reasonably priced, especially compared to FatBurger. Fatburger; 2 burgers with cheese, and 2 drinks, without fries=$16. In and Out Burger, 2 double cheeseburgers, 2 fries, and 2 drinks=$12. If you have a decision between the two, pick In and Out.

We saw "0" and Penn and Teller. Penn and Teller was a great show, very funny and entertaining. After the show, they hung out in the hallway for pics and autographs. Check it out. We saw "Ka" last year, and I have to say Ka was much better than "O" in our opinion. If you have to decide between the two, choose "Ka" at MGM Grand. Better show, much better music, and it actually tells a story. "O" is just a bunch of water scenes.

The Rio buffet is still the best out there in our opinion, but the price has gone up a few dollars. Lunch is now $17, and dinner is $24. Still the best variety and selection around.

CraftSteak= Amazing. I had my first ever Kobe steak, and I don't know how to describe it. Let's just say that I didn't know that flavor could come from a steak. The wife had lobster, and loved it too. A bit pricy, coming in at just over $200, but worth the experience. I will check out Delmonico's next trip and compare.

If you haven't been to the Top of the World restaurant at the Stratosphere, check it out. The veiws are breathtaking, the food is great, and if you got the guts, the rides are insane!
Old 03-25-2007, 02:50 AM

Default Re: Some random Vegas thoughts

you forgot to mention the asian massage parlor off the strip with the happy endings
Old 03-25-2007, 09:32 AM

Didn't get around to that!

Also, forgot to mention Pink Taco in the Hard Rock. Definitely check it out; it is one of the only reasons to even visit the Hard Rock.
Old 03-25-2007, 09:39 AM

If there's one adjective that I'd use to describe Las Vegas it'd be unIslamic. Las Vegas is terribly unIslamic.

ha
(Martin Amis)
Old 03-25-2007, 12:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Also, forgot to mention Pink Taco in the Hard Rock. Definitely check it out; it is one of the only reasons to even visit the Hard Rock.

[/ QUOTE ]

Haha love the name....on par with the "Bearded Clam" night club in San Felipe