Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Sporting Events
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-25-2007, 02:14 AM

Default Re: *World Golf Championship* Doral....Discussion Thread

[ QUOTE ]
THREAD OVA

[/ QUOTE ]

Can't we continue the thread to discuss Sergio spitting in the cup on 13? Then he is questioned about it by the reporter and he acts like this is nothing.
Old 03-25-2007, 03:38 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
THREAD OVA

[/ QUOTE ]

Can't we continue the thread to discuss Sergio spitting in the cup on 13? Then he is questioned about it by the reporter and he acts like this is nothing.

[/ QUOTE ]
Who gives a fk? Talk about manufactured drama. It's not like the cup is a courtside fan or an AL umpire. I've played plenty of times on greens with cigar butts and sunflower seed shells, why would I suddenly care about someone spitting into a cup?
Old 03-25-2007, 04:47 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
THREAD OVA

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Who gives a fk? Talk about manufactured drama. It's not like the cup is a courtside fan or an AL umpire. I've played plenty of times on greens with cigar butts and sunflower seed shells, why would I suddenly care about someone spitting into a cup?

[/ QUOTE ]

What about the next guy who has to pick a ball up out of that cup? Pretty gross if you ask me.
Old 03-25-2007, 10:21 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
THREAD OVA

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

This is a televised PGA Tour event, not you and your buddies hacking it up at the local muni. Naturally this is going to be a news item in the staid arena of golf.

Garcia has tumbled out of the World Golf Rankings top 10 and many ppl his age or slightly older are starting to steal some spotlight from him. His frustration with his game and his putter is obvious and his inability to win a major will only tighten the screws on him (think Phil circa 2001- 2003).
Old 03-25-2007, 03:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
THREAD OVA

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

What about the next guy who has to pick a ball up out of that cup? Pretty gross if you ask me.

[/ QUOTE ]

His explanation of spitting in the cup was hilarious...he said something along the lines that he spit in the middle of the cup so it was ok, if he didn't he would've cleaned it up. Then got pissed when the reporter asked him again after saying this was the last time he was going to talk about the incident.
Old 03-25-2007, 03:20 PM

they need to stop showing the goddamn hockey, no one gives a damn
Old 03-25-2007, 03:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
THREAD OVA

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
There are plenty of other things I encounter in the course of a round that I consider less sanitary or bothersome than some Spaniard drooling into a cup out of spite. I'm not saying it was a classy move, but it's been blown out of proportion.

tdk, that's funny, a friend just called to bitch about the hockey game going into OT. At least it was decided and wasn't dragged out longer for a shootout.
Old 03-25-2007, 04:21 PM

I don't think other tour players are leaving cigar butts or sunflower seeds on the greens during a tournament. Also, I don't know what exactly you are touching in the course of a round that is so unsanitary.
Old 03-25-2007, 06:45 PM

What a miserable putt by Wetterich on 17. Sheesh, totally let's Tiger off the hook on 18.

Say, anyone here think Phil would've hit iron off 18 with a three shot lead?

OMG, what an approach by Wetterich. Watch him lose by one, get the 800K, and be kicking himself all night.

EDIT: Oh, f'crissakes Wetterich.
Old 03-25-2007, 09:00 PM

All Tiger had to do was show up on the final round. I mean no one really applied any pressure to him. I don't think it would've mattered anyways, whenever the pressure increases Tiger will just one-up his competitors as usual. I didn't watch all of his final round, but I assume he was playing it conservatively and just putting anything good enough for the W.