Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > MTT Community
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-24-2007, 02:39 PM

Default Re: FT 55k 10+R

[ QUOTE ]
i went from 9th to 1st to make a deal that gave me 8375, playing it out for $500 now..

[/ QUOTE ]
Congrats, I was at your table earlier.
Old 03-24-2007, 05:49 PM

Default Re: FT 55k 10+R

manifest,

I read your post in BBV, it was kind of an inspiration -- I was sitting at work reading it and was like "damn, I'd like to do that (win the 55k)." I only get to really play tournies on the weekend because of work during the week. I didn't think it would be the same night though, lol.

ghost,

i remember you at my tables from earlier, you shoved over the top of a raise of mine in which I held A9 .. had no intention of calling, but was thinking "damn, gonna have problems with this guy."

--

I ran sick hot at the FT, when I was 9/9 I shoved for 5.5 or 6BB in MP with QTo, and BB called with KTo. I sucked out with a AxKxJ board.

A couple of hands later, UTG shoves for 12 or 13BB w/A7s, I am UTG+1 and isolate w/AA -- faded a turned flush draw, and sent him packing.

Then, steal steal steal, resteal resteal. I wasn't really getting played back at. People were getting knocked out quick. I was getting sick cards though too. Someone brought up a chip chop. I decided that since I was leading, and wanted to score a nice payday that I would look. We did eventually end up on an agreement, and the end result (after we played it out for $500) was just under $9k. If I knew I was going to run as hot as I did, I may have just played it out.

This score was the biggest tourney win that I have had to date, and it felt pretty damn good. This is just after a 1st and 3rd a couple of weeks ago, so it's definately my best month to date.

Thanks again to chess/badger/everyone else that was there for the sweat.