Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 03-24-2007, 05:13 PM

Default micro-Micros

Hi again guys,

As the few of you who have kindly replied to my previous posts may or may not remember, after much consideration I have opted to start my bid for expert-dom at the .05/.10 microlimits and build my way up from there.

original post

I just wondered what specific tips any of you chaps who may have done the same and are now up the ranks a bit could give me as to how best to play against the often abysmal players at such a low limit. Basically in terms of optimising the profits from their loose calls and minimising the miracle outdraws they pull on you.

I am currently halfway to may target of 300 big bets for the next limit (.10/.20) so i'm doing OK but every little helps as they say

Any advice appreciated as always, if not i won't be offended as you must get the same questions like this all the time.

PS. Please don't confuse this with an "i wish people would play properly/respect my raises/stop calling with ace-rag" post, as i am nothing but grateful for the loose players at these low-limits, and am beating them quite well, but maybe not optimally, so any tips appreciated as i said.

Thanks

Beak
Old 03-24-2007, 05:20 PM

Default Re: micro-Micros

[ QUOTE ]
Basically in terms of optimising the profits from their loose calls

[/ QUOTE ]

Value bet.

[ QUOTE ]
... and minimising the miracle outdraws they pull on you.

[/ QUOTE ]

Don't minimize this. If you found a way to minimize this, you would cost yourself lots of money.
Old 03-24-2007, 05:21 PM

Beak,

I appreciate the spirit of your post, and it's clearly well-intentioned, but the question is simply too broad too give any really useful input. If you ask something more focussed, you're much more likely to get better feedback. Post a hand you think is interesting, or ask a more targeted general question (i.e. about some preflop scenario, or how to play some sort of draw). Also, if you haven't done so, consider investing in Small Stakes Hold 'em by Ed Miller et al.

--Doc
Old 03-24-2007, 05:28 PM

Understand that pretty much every level you go up you will have to unlearn things that worked at the previous level, so if you can start higher you will have less of this unlearning to do.
Old 03-24-2007, 05:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
... and minimising the miracle outdraws they pull on you.

[/ QUOTE ]

Don't minimize this. If you found a way to minimize this, you would cost yourself lots of money.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah i know what you mean, looking back (to 20 minutes ago) that was probably the stupidest question i've asked since i proposed. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

I think what i meant was if you jam the pot with Kings and some bloke calls all the way with A3 or something and lands his ace on the river. But then obviously there's no way to shake them off and i'm gonna win the overwhelming majority of the time anyway so i should be glad they're padding my pots.

In fact, I'm an idiot for even posting this dumb thread, please disregard the entire thing, i'm asking (censored) i already know.

Its been a long day thats all, and tomorrow aint gonna be any easier

cheers

Beak
Old 03-24-2007, 05:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Beak,

I appreciate the spirit of your post, and it's clearly well-intentioned, but the question is simply too broad too give any really useful input. If you ask something more focussed, you're much more likely to get better feedback. Post a hand you think is interesting, or ask a more targeted general question (i.e. about some preflop scenario, or how to play some sort of draw). Also, if you haven't done so, consider investing in Small Stakes Hold 'em by Ed Miller et al.

--Doc

[/ QUOTE ]

Hi again Doc,

I refer you to my previous reply (above), it was only after posting i realised how ridiculous this thread was. Consider me thoroughly self-flamed! I've worn the cover off SSHE by the way, its changed my life forever......... [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
Old 03-24-2007, 05:42 PM

Since you've seemed to have gotten your answer, I'm going to lock this thread.
Closed Thread