Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-24-2007, 09:22 AM

Default AQo against LAG

vilain = pretty bad, but not an idiot.
I have him as 72/25 over a 115 hand sample. I really dont think he would bet a missed flush here since I've shown so much strentch and wouldnt fold TPDK here. I also never seen him bluff the riv OOP.

BTW Im 20/14ish, however, I dont really know if vilain uses PT, or pays enough attention knowing im playing pretty tight.

Absolute Poker
No Limit Holdem Ring game
Blinds: $1/$2
6 players
Converter

Pre-flop: (6 players) Hero is Button with Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
3 folds, <font color="#cc0000">Hero raises to $8</font>, SB folds, BB calls.

Flop: A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] ($17, 2 players)
BB checks, <font color="#cc0000">Hero bets $14</font>, BB calls.

Turn: 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] ($45, 2 players)
BB checks, <font color="#cc0000">Hero bets $40</font>, BB calls.

River: 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] ($125, 2 players)
<font color="#cc0000">BB bets $72</font>, Hero...
Old 03-24-2007, 09:45 AM

Default Re: AQo against LAG

I thinks you can lay this down.. BB could be calling preflop with lots of hands that hit this board.. 72/25's don't fold their blinds often. One pair isn't going to be good nearly often enough to make this call profitable imo.
Old 03-24-2007, 10:42 AM

I used to call against those kind of players, but they always show me some weird 2 pairs or straight.

If you think he doesn't bluff missed draws, you can fold here.
Old 03-24-2007, 10:42 AM

[ QUOTE ]
vilain = pretty bad, but not an idiot.
I have him as 72/25 over a 115 hand sample. I really dont think he would bet a missed flush here since I've shown so much strentch and wouldnt fold TPDK here. I also never seen him bluff the riv OOP.

BTW Im 20/14ish, however, I dont really know if vilain uses PT, or pays enough attention knowing im playing pretty tight.

Absolute Poker
No Limit Holdem Ring game
Blinds: $1/$2
6 players
Converter

Pre-flop: (6 players) Hero is Button with Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
3 folds, <font color="#cc0000">Hero raises to $8</font>, SB folds, BB calls.

Flop: A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] ($17, 2 players)
BB checks, <font color="#cc0000">Hero bets $14</font>, BB calls.

Turn: 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] ($45, 2 players)
BB checks, <font color="#cc0000">Hero bets $40</font>, BB calls.

River: 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] ($125, 2 players)
<font color="#cc0000">BB bets $72</font>, Hero...

[/ QUOTE ]

I probably check the turn and induce a smaller sized bluff on the river and call. The problem with betting the pot on the turn is that it defines your hand, and allows him to bet a scare card on the river.

As played, he is representing a 3 for a straight or perhaps 2 pair or a set. How often does he river bluff scare boards?

It costs you 72 to win a total pot of 268. Do you have the best hand here 27%+ of the time? If you think so, you have to call.
Old 03-24-2007, 10:52 AM

[ QUOTE ]

I probably check the turn and induce a smaller sized bluff on the river and call. The problem with betting the pot on the turn is that it defines your hand, and allows him to bet a scare card on the river.

As played, he is representing a 3 for a straight or perhaps 2 pair or a set. How often does he river bluff scare boards?

It costs you 72 to win a total pot of 268. Do you have the best hand here 27%+ of the time? If you think so, you have to call.

[/ QUOTE ]

I like a check on the turn if I was OOP, so I could c/r bc I'm ahead on the turnboard about 80% of the time. I dont like to check the turn here IP because he certainly is the type of vilain who'd call a big turnbet with a weak ace. So if a blank hits the riv I could easiliy let him pay 1/3-1/2 pot getting max EV. I dont think my AQ is vulnurable enough to check behind on the turn here, since there are all sorts of draws that have to be charged to see the rivcard.
I do agree with you in building a really big pot with just TPGK, however, I think I gain more playing it like this, since Im winning most pots in these situations.
btw I dont think he bets the scarecards on the riv bc I dont think he's thinking that I would fold this hand for anything less than his whole stack, and he's not the type of player who'd bluffpush