Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-23-2007, 06:03 PM

Default how\'s my line....big action @ nl10

This was a tricky hand in that I try to follow the cardinal rule of never going broke on an unraised pot. Just lookin for overall analysis of how well or poorly I played this.

Full Tilt Poker
$0.05/$0.10 No Limit Hold'em Ring Game
9 Players
LegoPoker Hand Converter

<font color="black">Stack Sizes</font>
Hero (UTG): $20.55
UTG+1: $3.90
MP1: $3.60
MP2: $3.40
MP3: $15.75
CO: $4.10
BTN: $12.80
SB: $3
BB: $3.75

<font color="black">Preflop:</font> 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] ($0.15, 9 players)
Hero calls $0.10, UTG+1 folds, MP1 folds, MP2 folds, MP3 folds, CO folds, BTN reluctantly calls $0.10, SB folds, BB checks

<font color="black">Flop:</font> Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] ($0.35, 3 players)
BB checks, <font color="red">Hero instabets $0.35</font>, BTN reluctantly calls $0.35, BB folds

<font color="black">Turn:</font> Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] [7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]] ($1.05, 2 players)
<font color="red">Hero bets $1.80</font>, <font color="red">BTN pauses, then raises to $3.60</font>, Hero instacalls $1.80

<font color="black">River:</font> Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] [2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]] ($8.25, 2 players)
<font color="red">Hero bets $3.10</font> (villian has 8.25 left behind now)
Old 03-23-2007, 06:11 PM

Default Re: how\'s my line....big action @ nl10

i like your line here other than the call of the turn raise. min raises are either A)monsters B)draws or C)[censored].
rr this minraise.
A) is gunna get it in on a 4bet and you can hope your good or take your beating.
B) will still call and hopefully miss.
C) will fold now instead of folding to your river bet.

Other than that, why are you betting 1/3 psb on that river. Bet 5 or 6 here. someone whos calling 3 is calling 5.

cheers

-radiks
Old 03-23-2007, 06:15 PM

To me it depends mostly in the kind of read u have on the villain, if he is the kind of player that likes to bluff or be aggressive on position with just an ace rag then your turn call to his min raise is fine but i would let him take another shot on the river because he will bet more hands that he can call your bet. If he is a rock that only plays the nuts i would be a little worry about KJ then ur river block bet would be answer with a push with KJ only and call with any pair or two pair.

Without a read i would have played it pretty much the same as you did and would be committed to call and all in on the river cause chances are u beat most hands (he didn't raise pre-flop).
Old 03-23-2007, 06:19 PM

Do not open limp with 7s.
Old 03-23-2007, 06:42 PM

I don't play full ring but I just wanted to say nice avatar.
Old 03-23-2007, 07:15 PM

Raise pf (though limping isn't that bad, and some times can be a good idea).
Check-fold flop (very bad flop for you and there is more than two)
Push turn (you cant get away here. But any card higher than a ten could kill action).

Btw: Ignore those rules like not going broke in an unraised pot. Just play poker and make good desicisons.