Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Business, Finance, and Investing
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-14-2007, 10:30 PM

Default Re: 40k in 7 months

i have been trying to brainstorm some ideas as to what niche would be nice to begin blogging about and try to do this thing. what does everyone think about sports collectibles? that has been the best I have come up with...

G
Old 03-14-2007, 11:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]
i have been trying to brainstorm some ideas as to what niche would be nice to begin blogging about and try to do this thing. what does everyone think about sports collectibles? that has been the best I have come up with...

G

[/ QUOTE ]
As long as you are able to: continue to write information on the niche; find enough people who are interested in the niche; and create a product relating to the niche, then I think it will do. If not, then I would continue thinking, as these seem to be the general points surrounding a successful niche for blogging.

To answer the second thing (enough interest in the niche), try doing Google searches to see what kind of results you get. How much discussion is there on the topic in forums? How recent and plentiful are articles on the topic?
Old 03-14-2007, 11:10 PM

G-diddy20 - why are you trying to do so many things at once? If you're going to sell shoes on Ebay then you should concentrate 100% on that.
Old 03-14-2007, 11:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Josh -- I don't have time to do more than skim your post right now, but from the gist of what I'm seeing, it seems like you have some similar thoughts to what I've had lately (undoubtedly more refined than my own thoughts though), and I will probably end up doing something along the lines of what you're stating here.

When I have more time, I'll read through this more thoroughly and post something more meaningful. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Thanks for your contribution

[/ QUOTE ]
Josh,

I finally read through your post today, and I think it is a great outline of a potentially successful approach. It looks like there are three key factors to success, as I pointed out in response to G-Diddy above this post. I've quoted them again for reiteration:

[ QUOTE ]
As long as you are able to: continue to write information on the niche; find enough people who are interested in the niche; and create a product relating to the niche, then I think it will do. If not, then I would continue thinking, as these seem to be the general points surrounding a successful niche for blogging.

[/ QUOTE ]

With those things and some dedication, I think it could be a great success.

As I mentioned in my previous post in this thread, I was thinking of something similar, though not completely. Reading about affiliate marketing and seeing the success of blogs such as John Chow's have shown that there is a lot to be made by combining a blog with existing advertising and marketing tactics on the Web.

You take it a step further by offering the idea of building a list and developing your own product, which goes beyond what today's successful blogs do (at least those that I've come across). If employed correctly, I think it could be a success. If you are currently working on something like this, I'd be really interested to see it progress.

Thanks for your continued input here with everything you learn, it's posts like these that keep me coming here.
Old 03-23-2007, 05:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]
You may need to spend time promoting your site and free book to magazines / newspapers / other websites. Also look for other books about cars/sports/male activities on clickbank - offer your free book as a bonus item or giveaway to them. Tell them you'll soon be launching a brand new product that they can profit from.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm a little lost about this part of the post. Could someone please help me out with how exactly I can go about doing this.

G