Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid-High Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-19-2006, 04:45 PM

Default Compilation Of Information Here

I'm in the middle of a bad run, so I thought I'd take the time to revisit some stuff. I've been scouring this forum and there really is excellent stuff here!!! I'm wondering if anyone has taken the time to try to compile it all? What I'm trying to do is make a starting hand chart for 6max games (ok, ok...hear me out). I understand that starting hand charts might not have much meaning, but I like to have a baseline from which to adjust.

I've come across some charts here...and the posters have done a great job. I want to add to this information to include almost every possible situation preflop (I'm not concerned about situations that are rarely encountered...or can be extrapolated from frequent situations). I FULLY understand that such a chart is all but impossible to create if we take into account our opponents style of play. So...I would like to make the following assumptions:

1. Players are average players (not sure which limit to use)
2. We haven't yet developed reads on our opponents
3. We play well post flop
4. Blind structure is 1/2

I'm mostly interested in the less than obvious hands that can turn a profit (yes...I know there is the argument that most of these hands are close to 0 EV...but, we have to draw a line somewhere). For example...I read a post by Peter Rus about defending with trash suited hands 3-way+. Initially, it sounded like he said they could turn a profit then said they don't, unless 4way (not sure I drew the right conclusion). Either way, did this analysis include assumption 2 above, or only after determining the situation was correct? Another post discussed defending with K3o. Again, might we play this hand only after having the right information...or do we defend in a vacuum? If we play only after getting a good feel for the raiser, do we defend with K6o against an unknown?

I'm particularly interested in the following:

1. BB play against EP (UTG, UTG+1) raise HU
2. SB play against EP raise
2. SB/BB play against EP raise and 1, 2, and 3 cold callers (separated for each)
4. SB/BB play against steal raises (I've read countless posts regarding blind defending...haven't compiled)
5. SB play with 1, 2, 3+ limpers (separated for each)
6. SB stealing hands
7. BB play against SB raise

Has anyone compiled the plethora of great information here into some sort of multidimensional chart or some other comprehension format?
Old 02-19-2006, 04:51 PM

Default Re: Compilation Of Information Here

Sorry to rain on the parade but poker is situational and you're never going to make a chart that encompasses everything you want. And by the time you figure all this out and make a chart that roughly approximates optimal play you won't need it anyways.
Old 02-19-2006, 05:06 PM

Default Re: Compilation Of Information Here

I addressed in OP............reread (I've created the situation)