Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-23-2007, 03:31 PM

Default Re: Closed Account at UltimateBet

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I honestly didn't think about how much rake I was paying in terms of the bonus I was releasing.

[/ QUOTE ]

Earlier you were explicitly giving your profit relative to rake, and now you're claiming you weren't paying attention to how much rake you were paying? [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

When did I say anything like that?
Old 03-23-2007, 04:03 PM

john, I'd just remain patient (as possible) and keep talking with UB. Anyone who plays nano-limits for 8+ hours a day certainly 'appears' to be a bot simply because it would be crazy to do so. Someone who spends that much time at those limits is likely testing a bot's profitability out before moving up limits. If you are in fact innocent (i.e. no bots) then it may take some time but you should be able to work this out. I think you understand why it looks suspicious.

And just to satisfy my curiosity since you appear to have been a break even or slightly losing player at these limits, how many tables were you playing and what is your VPIP? If you only play QQ, KK, AA, and AK at those limits you could probably break even because the rake is next to nothing and the player's are awful. I wonder if they view this as abuse as well?
Old 03-23-2007, 04:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]
john, I'd just remain patient (as possible) and keep talking with UB. Anyone who plays nano-limits for 8+ hours a day certainly 'appears' to be a bot simply because it would be crazy to do so. Someone who spends that much time at those limits is likely testing a bot's profitability out before moving up limits. If you are in fact innocent (i.e. no bots) then it may take some time but you should be able to work this out. I think you understand why it looks suspicious.

And just to satisfy my curiosity since you appear to have been a break even or slightly losing player at these limits, how many tables were you playing and what is your VPIP? If you only play QQ, KK, AA, and AK at those limits you could probably break even because the rake is next to nothing and the player's are awful. I wonder if they view this as abuse as well?

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, UB appears to be taking a very hard line. They keep telling me that my account will not be reactivated and my funds have been confiscated. I also asked for proof that I was using a bot and they just keep telling me that my account will not be reactivated. It doesn't look good...I was playing all kinds of hands and not just the top 5 or 10. My VI$P was 23.15 . Also, the rake at those tables is actually higher than the rake at a normal table. Usually UB takes 5%, but at the .05/10 tables they take 10%. Does anyone have a customer support number for UB I can call? Any help would be really appreciated; they're screwing me out of $1500.
Old 03-23-2007, 06:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I honestly didn't think about how much rake I was paying in terms of the bonus I was releasing.

[/ QUOTE ]

Earlier you were explicitly giving your profit relative to rake, and now you're claiming you weren't paying attention to how much rake you were paying? [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

"I actually lost money in the end when considering rake."
Old 03-23-2007, 06:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

"I actually lost money in the end when considering rake."

[/ QUOTE ]

You're misinterpreting what I said. I'm saying that I was ultimately down from the tables a little money after releasing all the bonus money. What I was trying to say is that I wasn't paying attention to the rake I was paying while releasing the bonus money. I just checked PT and I paid $412 rake while releasing the bonus. Even if UB lost money, this is definitely not the way to go about things.
Old 03-23-2007, 07:07 PM

How did UB set up a bonus that pays more money than they rake?

And if they did, its utter [censored] that they renege on the deal and take the legitimately earned money. There should be accountability.

But alas....
Old 03-23-2007, 07:33 PM

John1608,

I have a very specific question for you:

"Did you or have you ever used a bot on Ultimate Bet?"

Please answer with either "yes" or "no."
Old 03-23-2007, 08:44 PM

Here's the score:

UB takes whatever the OP originally deposited ($650???) and closes his account. OP just played crazy hours of micro-poker (according to him???) for absolutely nothin'.

If it were poker, UB just pulled a royal flush and the OP's got nothing but mismatched random low cards. And people wonder why poker sites usually close accounts when player attempts a withdrawal.
Old 03-23-2007, 09:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]
How did UB set up a bonus that pays more money than they rake?

[/ QUOTE ]

It's only greater than 100% RB at the nanolimits. The same limit the OP decided to play at with 6500BB.... to learn. [img]/images/graemlins/ooo.gif[/img]
Old 03-23-2007, 11:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]
John1608,

I have a very specific question for you:

"Did you or have you ever used a bot on Ultimate Bet?"

Please answer with either "yes" or "no."

[/ QUOTE ]

No