Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-23-2007, 01:10 PM

Default Re: Overpair to paired board on turn

[ QUOTE ]
What the hell are you doing preflop. This is the easiest 3-bet ever. After that, you bet the flop and go from there.

[/ QUOTE ]

FWIW, read my excuse for not 3-betting pf above... I have to try don't I?

BTW who is that player? Verpakovkis?
Old 03-23-2007, 01:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]

OK Oink, given the action in recent hands I'm pretty sure this is what would happend if I 3-bet pf against these opponents.

Full Tilt Poker
Limit Holdem Ring game
Limit: $1/$2
6 players
Converter

Pre-flop: (6 players) Hero is SB with T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
2 folds, <font color="#cc0000">CO raises</font>, Button folds, Hero re-raises</font>,BB calls, CO calls.

Flop: 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (9SB, 3 players)
Hero bets, <font color="#cc0000">BB calls</font>, <font color="#cc0000">CO raises</font>, Hero calls, BB calls.

Turn: 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (7,5BB, 3 players)
Hero?

How to proceed?

[/ QUOTE ]

Pretty good reason to 3 bet here to me. You're getting more money in the pot with a hand that "on average" is going to be better than your opponents. TT likes money and if they're willing to give it to you, why not take it?
Old 03-23-2007, 01:17 PM

Also, I agree with Oink about 3 betting the flop. You got the best hand here A LOT. this is the flop you want and you're hoping villain's got A7 on the flop to go with you to sd.
Old 03-23-2007, 01:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Also, I agree with Oink about 3 betting the flop. You got the best hand here A LOT. this is the flop you want and you're hoping villain's got A7 on the flop to go with you to sd.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well I guess noone read my explanation about my odd pf play and I just wanted to see If anyone could find a different line than the raise-bet line here. Since BB is close to all-in I thought this was maybe a situation where a different strategy could get more money in the pot at the end. No more raise pf-post needed in this thread [img]/images/graemlins/crazy.gif[/img]
Old 03-23-2007, 02:08 PM

Your explanation makes little sense, this isn't a tourney where the object is to bust people. 3-betting is +EV, regardless of BB's stack. The way the hand played out, 3-betting PF would probably help to define CO's hand - if he caps and goes nuts on this board, etc...That dead horse beaten,

3-bet the flop.
Old 03-23-2007, 02:17 PM

pleaso dont discuss about preflop, this is a must 3 bet nothing else regardless who sits in the BB. I call down btw
Old 03-23-2007, 02:30 PM

Do you know how people that let their stack get that small in 1/2 usually play? They just pour the last cash into the final hand and then get out. Why shouldn't I let him give them to me? I don't really care about defining CO hand here I'm going to SD. Raising flop and then fold would be horrible to qoute another poster in the forum. I call flop planning to raise turn.
Old 03-23-2007, 03:47 PM

Never give BB 5:1 to call when CO might be trying to steal the blinds and even if he has a decent hand you are likely to have the best hand. CO knows that BB could have anything like overcard and he is just trying to get rid of you to have a good shot at winning a showdown, which means you should 3bet the flop if raised and after that you must call down anyway.
Old 03-23-2007, 04:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Well I guess noone read my explanation about my odd pf play and I just wanted to see If anyone could find a different line than the raise-bet line here. Since BB is close to all-in I thought this was maybe a situation where a different strategy could get more money in the pot at the end. No more raise pf-post needed in this thread [img]/images/graemlins/crazy.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

No, I read it and this is what I said:
[ QUOTE ]
Pretty good reason to 3 bet here to me. You're getting more money in the pot with a hand that "on average" is going to be better than your opponents. TT likes money and if they're willing to give it to you, why not take it?

[/ QUOTE ]

Why the hell don't you want to 3 bet TT against a boob who's just going to throw in his money with K2? Plus you're getting more money from CO. What's wrong with more money?
Old 03-23-2007, 04:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I was surprised to see him bet on the flop but not surprised to se CO raise. Since BB was 1BB from all-in I knew he would put it in the pot now or later. And I really wanted CO to bet again on turn so I could raise him there and extract an extra BB from him. Does everybody think this is horrible play in 1/2?... Go on and spank me...

[/ QUOTE ]
I want to flame you bad but ill slow down and assume I know what your thinking and well play out your preflop call as it would normally play out on any random flop. Your idea is bb huge idiot let me get him in this hand. the guy sees 65% of flops hell probably call for 1-infinite bets hes really not that selective. That said ok you made a whammy and called preflop pricing in the idiot BB with his 1 BB left. Now is when your poor preflop plays shows its flaws. I can care less about the board but your plan c/c flop c/r turn. So now pot same size after flop as it would have been before flop. If your plan was to c/r the flop IDK what you are thinking then bc that would price the BB out rt there. Now turn comes heres the huge fallacy in your thinking. We have two possibilities
1 co checks through- we have then given both our opponents a chance to get to the river and catch one of possible 4 scare overcards /2pair combos
2. co bets and we raise thus revealing the strength of our hand possibly
a. folding out bb (highly unlikely) Co calls and goes to showdown or co folds most blind steal hands but possibly looks us up
b. sb calls with last sb and more then likely co folds air 100% calls extremely selectively being that he knows we are forced to sd

This is why slow playing a hand like this to try to extract value out of a fish when oop is a terrible idea. Too many uncontrollable factors make our hand far too vulnerable to play it slow. Sorry if i make no sense i cant write