Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > MTT Strategy
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-23-2007, 11:19 AM

Default I think I should have folded QQ preflop

I was on the big blind about a third of the way through a MTT and had QQ on the big blind. I had a little below average stack and the blinds were still kinda small.

A small stack pushes and the next guy reraises all in, then the guy next to him pushes all for even more chips. I am in the big blind. I called all in. I was against AK, KK, and 88. I think I should have folded QQ here in retrospect because at the best I am 50/50 against overcards like AK and I am really screwed against AA and KK. Surely someone had one of those hands or more.

Should I have folded QQ prelop?

Thx guys
Old 03-23-2007, 11:25 AM

Default Re: I think I should have folded QQ preflop

The first 2 pushes wouldn't of made me fold, as the short stacks range could be any medium to high card, then the next guy is pushing for isolation. BUT the 3rd push is the one that would make me stop and think for a while.

If the 3rd guy had a better hand than the first 2 why would he push and not call?
Old 03-23-2007, 11:34 AM

dont post results, you get better, more realistic responses and thus, improve. also, use the HH instead, that way we can see stack sizes and posistions better. buy-in and tourney structure/site helps too.
Old 03-23-2007, 11:34 AM

[ QUOTE ]

If the 3rd guy had a better hand than the first 2 why would he push and not call?

[/ QUOTE ]

To not drag more people into the pot, unless he and some people behind him have significantly larger stacks that is.

I think folding QQ here is fine. If it was a very low buy-in, I could make a case for calling, too, since people get carried away with stuff like KTs, 77 etc in the micros. But generally I would muck QQ here.