Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-22-2007, 12:54 PM

Default ecocard and merchants?

I withdrew from prima to ecocard and Im in IL american. Only took a day to hit ecocard. Now im wondering how i get my money. My bank just told me they dont accept international wire transfers. So am wondering is there any place online i can buy a prepaid visa card with my ecocard?
Old 03-22-2007, 07:01 PM

Default Re: ecocard and merchants?

Don't know about using eco for such purposes, but I would really suggest getting a different bank if at all possible.

While it might not solve your immediate problem expeditiously, I would think that it would help for the future.
Old 03-22-2007, 08:36 PM

I have yet to use Eco but I signed up for it. I was wondering about withdrawing money. I have a local bank only. I was thinking about getting a different bank. Does anyone have experience with Eco? How has it worked for you?
Old 03-22-2007, 09:30 PM

I've used it for a few years.

Having only a local bank is not the issue, having a bank that will do international wire transfers is.

Eco has worked just fine for me.
Old 03-27-2007, 10:14 AM

just recieved this from Eco:

I was going to make a moneygram deposit today but now I'm not sure.
IMPORTANT NOTICE FOR US LOCATED ECOCARD CUSTOMERS:

In response to recent publicity about the use of EcoCard for online gambling purposes EcoCard would like to draw its US located customers attention to the Terms of Service they have previously agreed to, and in particular, Section 8 – International Use, which clearly states;

8.1. Recognizing the global nature of the Internet, you agree to comply with all local rules regarding online conduct and acceptable content. Specifically, you agree to comply with all applicable laws regarding the transmission of technical data exported from the country in which you reside. It is our assumption that international users are signing up for an EcoCard Account only after determining that opening and maintaining an EcoCard Account violates no laws or regulations in their respective country and jurisdiction. If you are an international user, you warrant that you are violating no law or regulation by your use of EcoCard, and you indemnify us for any and all liability that might arise from your use of the Service.

We thank you for your cooperation.

Anyone hear if Eco will be limiting American players?
I am so f*&^*% tired of this.
[img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img]
Old 03-27-2007, 10:45 AM

[ QUOTE ]
If you are an international user, you warrant that you are violating no law or regulation by your use of EcoCard, and you indemnify us for any and all liability that might arise from your use of the Service.

[/ QUOTE ]

That seems like standard CYA legalese. Basically, it seems like they're saying, "the UIGEA is between US citizens and their government."