Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-22-2007, 11:49 AM

Default Re: ***OFFICIAL*** LOST Season 3 Episode 13 Discussion -spoiler free-

[ QUOTE ]
To make Ben think that the sub is really blown up. This is very interesting. I didn't notice him being wet, other than being really sweaty though. If he was wet, this could be huge.

[/ QUOTE ]
This is interesting; problem is, to do this Locke would have had to drive the sub away and swim back. But wasn't the sub still tied up when Locke got on it? Still, the fact that he was wet is probably important. And I suppose he had time to untie it.

Of course, since time travel and magic boxes are now part of this show, maybe Locke traveled to the future, pulled a fake sub out of a magic box and blew that up.
Old 03-22-2007, 11:50 AM

Locke was most definately wet when he got back from the submarine. That was probably the first thing that I noticed about him just as Jack and the others were coming up to him.
Old 03-22-2007, 11:55 AM

[ QUOTE ]

Wasn't there a Hurley episode where he saw a man falling past his window? Was that Locke?

[/ QUOTE ]
Ya I'm pretty sure this happened. But I don't really remember much about it.
Old 03-22-2007, 11:57 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Wasn't there a Hurley episode where he saw a man falling past his window? Was that Locke?

[/ QUOTE ]
Ya I'm pretty sure this happened. But I don't really remember much about it.

[/ QUOTE ]

This episode was Numbers. I'll have to try to watch it again to see if it looked the same as when Locke fell.
Old 03-22-2007, 12:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]
In Hurley's ep from season 1, when he tells crazy Leonard that he used the numbers to win the lottery, Lenny says something like, "you shouldn't have done that! you've opened the box!"

Anything to do with Ben's magical mystery box he talked about?

[/ QUOTE ]

I always took this to be a reference to Pandora's box.

BTW, Ben owns everyone!
Old 03-22-2007, 12:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Wasn't that a window cleaner?
Old 03-22-2007, 12:15 PM

Awesome F'ing episode. Ben's character is just unreal. Great writing great depth...DAM DAM DAM. I guess this quashes the theory that I've read that Locke has the same future seeing powers as Desmond, as they were both in the hatch when it blew. If Locke could see the future, then he'd know it was his Dad past the door

...but then again he could have been acting surprised....ohhhhh

Hurley was at his accountant's office when the guy falls past the window. That looked like a sweet condo, and I don't think that the accountant's office was there.

THE HUN.
Old 03-22-2007, 12:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Awesome, awesome ep. Like others have said - the exchanges between Ben and Locke are just incredible. That Ben is one cool cat. Giant hamsters! Heh.

I'm damn glad that they actually showed Locke's dad in the last scene, instead of having Locke opening the door and fading to black. I think we all knew what was behind the door, and it would've been a cheesy move by the writers to have us wait until next week to confirm that.

Danielle is about to get medieval on the Others. I'm calling it now - she will play a huge role in the upcoming episodes.

The ending shots for the last three shows have been incredible - Desmond telling Charlie he's going to die, Jack spiking the football Kennedy style, and a bound and gagged Locke's dad.

Anyone notice the scotch that Locke's dad was pouring? Yup - 60 year old MacCutcheon.

[/ QUOTE ]

I guess I'm an idiot - but why did you all automatically assume that Locke's Dad was behind the door? I know I sure as hell didn't.
Old 03-22-2007, 12:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Awesome, awesome ep. Like others have said - the exchanges between Ben and Locke are just incredible. That Ben is one cool cat. Giant hamsters! Heh.

I'm damn glad that they actually showed Locke's dad in the last scene, instead of having Locke opening the door and fading to black. I think we all knew what was behind the door, and it would've been a cheesy move by the writers to have us wait until next week to confirm that.

Danielle is about to get medieval on the Others. I'm calling it now - she will play a huge role in the upcoming episodes.

The ending shots for the last three shows have been incredible - Desmond telling Charlie he's going to die, Jack spiking the football Kennedy style, and a bound and gagged Locke's dad.

Anyone notice the scotch that Locke's dad was pouring? Yup - 60 year old MacCutcheon.

[/ QUOTE ]

I guess I'm an idiot - but why did you all automatically assume that Locke's Dad was behind the door? I know I sure as hell didn't.

[/ QUOTE ]

The thought crossed my mind, but I was far from sure. Hell, I wouldn't have been surprised to see a Matrix style door to the outside world.
Old 03-22-2007, 12:29 PM

I don't know - it just seemed like the only logical thing that could possibly be behind the door that Ben needed to show Locke. What else could it have been? Especially when he alluded to the fact that anything you want to see comes out of the box. Locke (like everyone other frickin' person on the island) has some serious daddy issues, and he needs to resolve these before he moves on.