Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-21-2007, 11:35 PM

Default flopped set... FD on flop... turn not great... 100NL

villian is 22/12/1.1 over only 50 hands... don't have any particularly strong reads...

2 others so i raised decently large... esp w/ the fd/sd out there... action on turn?

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $1.00 BB (6 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

BB ($122.30)
Hero ($100.25)
MP ($30.75)
CO ($194.70)
Button ($41.35)
SB ($72.30)

Preflop: Hero is UTG with 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
<font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $4</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, CO calls $4, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, SB calls $3.50, BB calls $3.

Flop: ($16) 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets $10</font>, BB calls $10, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $45</font>, CO folds, SB folds, BB calls $35.

Turn: ($116) Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero ????</font>
Old 03-21-2007, 11:39 PM

Default Re: flopped set... FD on flop... turn not great... 100NL

Check behind since you are either pushing or checking.
Old 03-22-2007, 02:00 AM

the double cold call....bleh.

i'm not folding, so i bet the turn and hope he calls with 78, otherwise i strike my suckout pose
Old 03-22-2007, 10:23 AM

[ QUOTE ]
the double cold call....bleh.

i'm not folding, so i bet the turn and hope he calls with 78, otherwise i strike my suckout pose

[/ QUOTE ]

i'm not sure i agree with betting the turn...

what hand range you put this guy on since he called my raise on the flop?
Old 03-22-2007, 10:30 AM

this is why i don't raise with the small pockets and just limp, if you want to make the play in a raise pot you get put into tough situations. He called a $3 raise prefolp and then a $35 raise on the flop. He knows ur strong so hes probably got the goods and just waiting for you to bet. For all we know he could have called preflop with 3d4d with those pot odds. I say if your in this posistion just call and hope you fill up.
Old 03-22-2007, 10:32 AM

Can we ever just shove the flop here? Raising half of our stack sucks when we get called and the turn is a diamond or a 9.
Old 03-22-2007, 11:12 AM

[ QUOTE ]
this is why i don't raise with the small pockets and just limp, if you want to make the play in a raise pot you get put into tough situations. He called a $3 raise prefolp and then a $35 raise on the flop. He knows ur strong so hes probably got the goods and just waiting for you to bet. For all we know he could have called preflop with 3d4d with those pot odds. I say if your in this posistion just call and hope you fill up.

[/ QUOTE ]

WHAT?!? I know your new and I'm not trying to be hostile but I don't really think what you wrote was good advice or even made complete sense.

Fwiw I like a check behind on turn here. If the board pairs your life is easy and you can get it in on river. If he doesn't have the flush he may bluff the river with a missed 78 or something or mabye even fire with a hand like 10 10. I think betting is kind of a waste because its almost like you have position and your not using it. You have it so use it. You may get a free showdown if a 4th diamond comes and he has a small ones, he may bluff, a bunch of reasons to check I think and I don't think giving a str8 draw/FD a free card here is a good enough reason to bet.

To the above question about shoving flop it is a bit overboard but I've been thinking about that a bit and really don't mind it. You could make a lot worse plays in my opinion. To a lot of people it looks like a flush draw and they might call with worse made hands but I think making it like 60 or 65 makes it easy because then its only 30 or so to try and fill up even if the diamond does hit and at that point there is no way your folding. I would like to hear other thoughts on overbetting this flop also though.
Old 03-22-2007, 11:28 AM

i don't think shoving the flop vs the 2 ppl is a bad play... but i don't think it maximizes the $$ u can get from a worse hand...
Old 03-22-2007, 12:26 PM

With 116$ in the Pot and only 51$ left I would call the River anyway with the worse hand and villain will certainly bet the River if he has the flush.

In case I have the better hand I want to be payed of by an OP with a diamond or a SD and don't want to give any freecards. Why giving villain the possibility to play his hand correctly and fold the river? I don't think he will be bluffing often enough to make a check profitable.

Shove and pray! The odds are good enough.
Old 03-22-2007, 01:03 PM

if you're going to call the river push the turn, if you're not don't.
I wouldn't mind either.