Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-21-2007, 02:22 AM

Default Re: giftcards.com

flafishy, thanks for the update. nothing but headaches.
Old 03-21-2007, 03:50 PM

I tried to buy their regular card using an AmEx gift card (wow do those AmEx gift cards suck), but they declined it saying that my address didn't match. AmEx said they didn't decline it, and it took near two weeks to get the funds back [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]
Old 03-22-2007, 03:30 AM

I ordered through giftcards.com yesterday, and an hour or so later, I got what others got, an e-mail saying my order was cancelled because it hadn't been activated in 14 days. So I called. They said that the e-mail was a mistake and that they still showed my order was active, but the card had not been activated. They e-mailed me intstructions on how to activate it, I followed them and it worked perfectly. Within the hour I had my virtual card and I deposited it into Full Tilt.
Old 03-22-2007, 05:50 PM

I tried calling their support number because on the 18th I tried to purchase a gift card and then got the email the next day saying it was cancelled. My CC has been charged and after reading about motcalm calling support and getting his problem fixed I figured I could do the same. Well anyway, when I hit 3 for customer support, it then tells me to put in an access number followed by the pound sign. WTF does this mean?? It says that a few times then hangs up on me cause I don't do it. And they refuse to answer my emails, so I don't know what to do.
Old 03-23-2007, 09:38 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I tried calling their support number because on the 18th I tried to purchase a gift card and then got the email the next day saying it was cancelled. My CC has been charged and after reading about motcalm calling support and getting his problem fixed I figured I could do the same. Well anyway, when I hit 3 for customer support, it then tells me to put in an access number followed by the pound sign. WTF does this mean?? It says that a few times then hangs up on me cause I don't do it. And they refuse to answer my emails, so I don't know what to do.

[/ QUOTE ]

I called 3 different times and got a CSR each time, the same one in fact, her name was Julie. Anyhow, after receiving like 3 emails from them, and creating an account at giftcards.com, it seems like my card is now processing. Hopefully it will work shortly.
Old 03-23-2007, 10:14 AM

The card just processed and is active. I haven't tried to deposit yet.
Old 03-23-2007, 01:28 PM

What time of the day did you try calling, maybe that has something to do with it.
Old 03-23-2007, 05:50 PM

About 9 am eastern.