Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Software
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-19-2007, 05:33 PM

Default Re: Poker Grapher v1.4.5 (stable)

Let me think about this one, CruNKinTILT.

Currently it looks for PTH DBs, then PTO DBs, then PTS DBs. So if you have any PTH DBs, then the default PTH DB will be the PG default. Same thing if you have no PTH DBs, but you have PTO DBs. The default PTO DB will be the PG default.

Let me look at the code this evening and see where I can insert a user-defined setting to specify which DB you want to be the default. It can be done, I just gotta find the right spot in the code to read the setting.
Old 03-19-2007, 06:01 PM

ok, I really appreciate your time.
Old 03-20-2007, 02:44 AM

I am using PostgreSQL however it is run from the same computer that I am running Poker Grapher on.
Old 03-20-2007, 02:17 PM

Pat - Are your PostgreSQL settings in PT on this computer using the computername, IP address, or "localhost"? IP address should not require a DNS look up and neither should "localhost" if your Hosts file is set up as I described in my previous post, but using the computername might.

Other than that, the only thing else I can suggest is tell Norton Security "No" & run Poker Grapher in debug mode. Go to Start -> All Programs -> Poker Grapher -> Poker Grapher (debug mode). Try to run a graph. This will create a log file called PGLog.txt (usually located at C:\Program Files\Poker Grapher). Paste the contents of the log file in a PM to me and I will take a look.
Old 03-21-2007, 04:51 AM

localhost

I really know nothing about host files so im not really sure how they are set up.

I just tried PokerGrapher and told Norton not to allow it, PokerGrapher still appeared to function as normal.
Old 03-21-2007, 10:49 PM

Well Pat, not sure here. localhost should not require a DNS lookup. It should automatically read your Hosts file (which apparently it did, since you told Norton not to allow a DNS request). As I said before, PokerGrapher does not need the internet. Later on I might add some "check for update" code, but that is well down the road. I'm glad everything appears to work normal. Let me know if you run into any problems in the future.