Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-21-2007, 06:00 PM

Default Re: Wpex Stole My Money

[ QUOTE ]
im pissed if i played against him and he was being shady

[/ QUOTE ]

So kudos for getting rid of him.

But letting him continue to play while cheating, and only upon cashout take the ill gotten gains??

Fred, do you see the problem?
Old 03-21-2007, 06:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
im pissed if i played against him and he was being shady

[/ QUOTE ]

So kudos for getting rid of him.

But letting him continue to play while cheating, and only upon cashout take the ill gotten gains??

Fred, do you see the problem?

[/ QUOTE ]

could be a coincidence ... they may have caught him last night and he tried cashing out today
Old 03-21-2007, 06:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]
No decision has been made whether to offer the money as part of a tournament or return to the affected players if possible.

Fred

[/ QUOTE ]

OP:
[ QUOTE ]
I've played a LOT there over the past 6 months - mainly 3-6 and 1-2 limit. I earned 24K of rakeback and another 3K in AA promotion money... on Monday night, I tried to make my first withdrawal… for $4,000... Tuesday morning, my account was locked...

[/ QUOTE ]

OP:
[ QUOTE ]
if your decision is “final”, though, is there even a point - are you open to reversing your decision? I carry no ill will either way – my only purpose in this forum was to alert others of what I thought was your company’s very poor handling of the situation.

[/ QUOTE ]

I cannot imagine that an innocent person would not be jumping up and down if you had confiscated $27,000.

If he has lost $23,000 over the last six months, maybe it would be best if you let him keep playing?
Old 03-21-2007, 06:06 PM

GM, regarding the 'Other Illegal Software' clause, why don't we make this absolutely clear with a yes or no answer:

Will you be seizing the funds of those you find to be currently using an unautorized HUD device on your site, without a specific warning to that indivdual, before said siezure? (not the generic warning in your Terms and Condition disclosure)

This is an important question that effects many (most?) of your player base. I predict the GM will not answer this simple yes or no question with a simple yes or no reply.
Old 03-21-2007, 06:07 PM

hmm good point mike. This was his first cashout?
Old 03-21-2007, 06:08 PM

DAC please tell us what software you were using
Old 03-21-2007, 06:11 PM

also, the fact that dac knew about the other wsex thread, i am sure he has another screenname, and made this one up to hide his identity. If he was innocent he probably would have used his regular 2+2 name
Old 03-21-2007, 06:13 PM

WSEX_GM: You want to talk about this here? What were you using? We'll have our people install it and if it yields the same results, and it is not something against our rules, we will pay you.

My preference all along was to resolve this issue in private... I will take you up on your offer and send you my programs. I use PokerTracker, Poker Stove, and a HotKey program to make multitabling easier... have an Email addy I can follow up with? I'll send you anything you want to install and run.
Old 03-21-2007, 06:16 PM

Maybe the posting style... rings a bell... with someone?
Old 03-21-2007, 06:25 PM

I'm a longtime 2p2 lurker - is that illegal too?

Seriously, people... my "no ill will" is because I'm prepared to move on as the decision, no matter how unjust, was told to me to be "final"... the way I choose to look at it is that WPX was giving away free money - it was a gift that happened to be taken away from me... oh well.

As for my win/loss, my overall net was about 10.5K (2K was cashed out into neteller in January) and there's about 8.5K of pure profit in there now... the 4K withdrawal request was the first try since January and the first time requesting the check (since Neteller's not an option).

I feel like I'm doing a lot of explaining of myself... I look forward to taking WSEX_GM up on his offer to see if any of my programs may have been what they detected as a "bot"... I'd like to play there again...