Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > The Lounge: Discussion+Review
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-21-2007, 07:30 AM

Default Homeowner beats up 2 cops

and the judge grants him the right to resist.

Right to resist cops

This has got to be a very strange precedent. Would something like this go into case law, and become a cited precedent for all other cases? And how could a judge be this dumb?
Old 03-21-2007, 07:35 AM

Default Re: Homeowner beats up 2 cops

[ QUOTE ]
Prosecutors had asked for more than a year of prison time because of "the totality of the case" and the injuries to deputies James Lutz and Stacy Ferris, whose name is now Stacy Brandau.

[/ QUOTE ]

How hard did he hit this guy to make his name change like that?
Old 03-21-2007, 08:22 AM

[ QUOTE ]

How hard did he hit this guy to make his name change like that?

[/ QUOTE ]

I needed that laugh. Thanks.
Old 03-21-2007, 09:16 AM

I'm always the first guy to back the cops around here, but in this case, I'm with the judge.

If the cops lawlessly entered the home, and lawlessly imprisoned the wife, then the homeowner should have the right to treat them as outlaw intruders. You can defend yourself, and your home, if you feel that you're in danger.

Since these cops were breaking every rule they had run up against, they've subdued your wife, and now they're coming after you, you can't expect them to suddenly start following the rules. It's anything goes.

I'm surprised the guy pled to the one count that the judge didn't throw out. Hell, I'm surprised the judge didn't throw it out along with the others.
Old 03-21-2007, 09:22 AM

[ QUOTE ]
And how could a judge be this dumb?

[/ QUOTE ]

Agreed. Defending one's self & family against tyranny is so dumb.
Old 03-21-2007, 12:04 PM

That Fourth Amendment can be a bitch sometimes, can't it? [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]
Old 03-21-2007, 12:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm surprised the guy pled to the one count that the judge didn't throw out. Hell, I'm surprised the judge didn't throw it out along with the others.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't get this either. If everything that led up to this was determined to be unlawful then how could this be a crime? What if the guy had taken off one of the cop's shoes and beat him with it? What if it was his own stun gun? I'm confused [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]
Old 03-21-2007, 01:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't get this either. If everything that led up to this was determined to be unlawful then how could this be a crime? What if the guy had taken off one of the cop's shoes and beat him with it? What if it was his own stun gun? I'm confused [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

"So there I am, in Sri Lanka, formerly Ceylon, at about 3 o'clock in the morning, looking for one thousand brown M&Ms to fill a brandy glass, or Ozzy wouldn't go on stage that night. So, Jeff Beck pops his head 'round the door, and mentions there's a little sweets shop on the edge of town. So - we go. And - it's closed. So there's me, and Keith Moon, and David Crosby, breaking into that little sweets shop, eh. Well, instead of a guard dog, they've got this bloody great big Bengal tiger. I managed to take out the tiger with a can of mace, but the shopkeeper and his son... that's a different story altogether. I had to beat them to death with their own shoes. Nasty business, really, but sure enough I got the M&Ms, and Ozzy went on stage and did a great show." - Del Preston
Old 03-21-2007, 03:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
"That is a man who took it upon himself to beat up two police officers," Young said.

[/ QUOTE ]

I have a strong hatred for prosecutors like this. Yeah, if you just do everything we tell you to do there'll never be any problems...