Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > BBV4Life
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-21-2007, 01:02 PM

Default Re: Brag: Coupling

Wow, this show truely sucks, dodgy sex jokes written in the god awful American team scripting style- how do you watch this
Old 03-21-2007, 01:07 PM

US seems to make better SciFi than UK. Battlestar Galatica is miles better than the frankly embarrassing new Dr Who. I think it's true what T-God said about getting a distorted view because you only see the best shows; I have a generally positive view of American TV because I only see stuff like Scrubs, Lost, Family Guy etc. whereas I have to put up with crap like My Family, Two Pints Of Lager etc. here. Worse TV in the world is in Spain. Who incidentally sat out WWII.
Old 03-21-2007, 01:22 PM

if there wasnt a laugh track i could enjoy this
Old 03-21-2007, 02:38 PM

I Gotta Push,

90% of it is filmed in front of an audience, the rest was screened to an audience for the laugh track.

Very little BBC comedy uses laughter tracks, the beeb has had a long history of live audiences, and i love them for it.

Nortino,

Yes, for sci fi the US is way ahead of the UK, but its not hard to see why in comparing budgets for shows, put simply the US has more cash to spend.
Old 03-21-2007, 03:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
The show, along with Top Gear and others just makes me realize how effin stupid America is and how smart/witty Britians are. This recent realization of British television has not helped my love for some of the people (ignorant southern white trash) this country contains.

I love my country, don't get me wrong. I just think there are two Americas.

Brits are probably snobs toward Americans, but some of it is probably defensible and warranted.

[/ QUOTE ]
Are you [censored] kidding? When you only watch the best shows on British TV you're going to have a slanted view of reality. I'm sure there are just as many bad tv shows there as there are in the states, it's just that you don't see them. We get to see Coupling, The Office, Extras, etc..., not the [censored] sitcoms that don't make it over. It's like if someone only watched Arrested Development, Scrubs, and Carrel's Office, they would think Americans were all witty and smart.

[/ QUOTE ]

Tgod, I'm totally with you. Arrested development and scrubs are two high class shows with very smart and witty humor. I love those shows as well. I loved West Wing and I really like Studio 60. Why are these shows cancelled / going to be canceled?

Stupid undereducated rascist people in the South. Period.
Old 03-21-2007, 03:05 PM

Scrubs will survive because it appeals to more mainstream viewers, it's not in jeopardy.
Old 03-21-2007, 03:42 PM

British coupling >>>>> most American shows, including Friends and Coupling. I've only watched maybe 6-7 episodes of this show and each one was hilarious (I'm American). It's totally simple, all of the jokes are about relationships and sex, but they are funny and the characters don't suck like they do in most other shows like this. Also I don't find it to be ridiculously unrealistic/cliched ala Sex and the City (if you have a gf you have no choice but to watch this show...often).
Old 03-21-2007, 03:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]
The show, along with Top Gear and others just makes me realize how effin stupid America is and how smart/witty Britians are.

[/ QUOTE ]

who? you mean these people?

Old 03-21-2007, 04:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]
What's "Rounders?"

[/ QUOTE ]

It is the UK's version of baseball...