Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > MTT Strategy
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-20-2007, 03:01 PM

Default Re: Standard of Stars 4/180

So the question is if a freezeout with a $4 entry fee is going to be really soft/terrible quality of play? I can't think of a reasonable scenario where the answer would ever be no
Old 03-20-2007, 03:44 PM

HI blanko.

Really, is it really going to be a bad quality of play in these tourneys. So, you can ask me, why should I use the site to analyse my opponents? Well, as everybody knows, these tourneys are plenty of donks. So donkeys = DEAD MONEY. And you really think there wont be good player reaching this dead money? Of course it will. Try to take a search in this guy: roachclips. This guy have been grinding these tourneys a lot. He's a very, very good player just picking up all this dead money (he'is not playing 4/180 anymore. Nowadays he is grinding the 6,50/45, 12/45 turbo). So, sometimes youll be facing good players like him, some guys with "quality". And are these guys who youŽll try to avoid. If you ask me: "So what a hell he is doing on 4/180?? Why not play 10/180 or 20/180??". I really dont know the answer, but I thing one of the reasons are these donkeys dead money.

See ya..
Old 03-20-2007, 07:16 PM

The vast majority can't even play poker at all. You'll see someone call an all in with 23o, seriously.

First hand someone at nearly every table goes all in and is called, but just horrible hands. People just want to get lucky and catch enough cards to get a big chip lead.

Variance though is HUGE. People will play anything, and I mean anything. People will push back at you with bottom pair and no kicker, or play 72 UTG, because it's unexpected.

As others have said, almost all of them play Ax, so any A that hits will likely pair someone.

Also, beware that often there are some better players disguised in there and you'll need to learn to spot them.
Old 03-20-2007, 08:13 PM

I have to add, that bluffing is very -ev in these things. about every 4 or 5 hands calling down with hands that thier only hope is that villian is bluffing.

QJ10 Board villian makes large bet to blank blank turn and river, Check caller shows Q2os.

So the real value in these is being able to thin value bet and raise.
Old 03-20-2007, 09:24 PM

Small sample, just over 40 4/180's played, ITM over 20%, one 1st, one 2nd, easily make top 40 and overall ROI is 143% or so. My skill level is like 3.5/10 on a good day, so if i can turn a profit in these then any sentient being should be able to. As said before, ABC poker works well then bully the nits when close to the money. Pay attention to your opponents and you'll soon learn who can be exploited. Forget about bluffing unless they're a thinking player who can lay down a better hand etc etc, all simple stuff really.

God made donks for a reason, and that reason is the 4/180.
Old 03-21-2007, 12:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]
...If you ask me: "So what a hell he is doing on 4/180?? Why not play 10/180 or 20/180??". I really dont know the answer, but I thing one of the reasons are these donkeys dead money. ...

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah. This is one reason. And another reason is that he is multitabling (suppouse 9-12 tables).