Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-21-2007, 05:29 AM

Default NL 100: Deep against La Jolla Shores

I just moved up and started taking shots at nl 100.
This is against La Jolla Shores. Who has been mentioned in the FTP thread. He's pretty laggy and so is my image

Full Tilt Poker
$0.50/$1 No Limit Hold'em Ring Game
5 Players
LegoPoker Hand Converter

<font color="black">Stack Sizes</font>
MP: $60.85
CO: $196.95
Hero (BTN): $197.60
SB: $411.65
BB: $108.35

<font color="black">Preflop:</font> Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] ($1.5, 5 players)
MP folds, <font color="red">CO raises to $3.50</font>, <font color="red">Hero raises to $12</font>, SB folds, BB folds, CO calls $8.50

<font color="black">Flop:</font> 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] ($25.5, 2 players)
CO checks, Hero checks

<font color="black">Turn:</font> 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] [K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]] ($25.5, 2 players)
<font color="red">CO bets $16</font>, <font color="red">Hero raises to $69.50</font>, <font color="red">CO raises all in to $184.95</font>, Hero calls $115.45

Now is this standard? I felt a little iffy calling here, or is this completely standard.
Old 03-21-2007, 05:38 AM

Default Re: NL 100: Deep against La Jolla Shores

No clue on the player, but assuming he's generally laggy, either good or bad, you could be drawing nearly dead to something like AdJx. I think you could be behind a ton of semibluffs and as played I would fold to the shove, or at least call his turn donk. I think the Kd is a really bad card for you actually.

What's his 3bet calling range OOP? I think 3betting QTo is pretty meh if he calls light and plays really aggro postflop.
Old 03-21-2007, 05:39 AM

I really hate PF, sorry to nag about it but I just don't think you should 3-bet with this hand if you want to 3-bet light.

I'd bet the flop. You picked up a piece, try to take it down with a 3/4 pot bet.

I might be resultsoriented, but when you decide to raise the turn, what hand will this LAG continue with? Is he capable of making a crazy bluff here?

If he is just a bit decent, he will show up here with a good hand most of the time once he decides to play a very big pot. He could already have you drawing dead, or have you straigth outs worthless.

I'd rather call the turn, and let him bet the river for me when I hit my hand. Cause thats what LAGs do.
Old 03-21-2007, 05:42 AM

I hate the turn raise size. It seems way too big to try to accomplish what you want to do. It's probably the size of the raise itself which led to you make, imo, a poor call against his shove.
Old 03-21-2007, 05:44 AM

I hate the turn raise, you're deep and you have a huge draw. just call man
Old 03-21-2007, 05:49 AM

I've played against La Jolla a fair amount at $200 nl, have him at around 23/16/2.5 over about 1k hands, and he's down about 4 buyins in this time (which means nothing). He seems to have a clue and can be tough to play against, I didn't think of him as a fish by any means. I will always remember one hand where I three bet his button open from sb with AQ, 2/3 potted a K10x flop, he floated with Q9, turn a gin J, I checked the nuts, he bet, I pushed (we were deep) and he actually tanked with second nuts, I told him "fold, nuts" or something like that in chat, he called, yay me....

With all that said, this hand seems spewtastic on the turn, and I think you will have to hit a ur straight or flush to win this pot. Why not bet this flop? I am betting almost all flops in reraised pots, esp. with a piece of it. On turn, why not just call him and reevaluate on river? I don't really understand the raise there and reopening the betting. It looks like he has a set, straight, or low flush and I think you should fold after the raise.