Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > News, Views, and Gossip
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-21-2007, 02:57 AM

Default Re: Matusow on HSP, \"lost 1.7 mil straight\"

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Also in september, he had almost 2 million, early October, he's borrowing 100k off Negreanu to play in HSP3. Gross ...

[/ QUOTE ]

He's a Stu Ungar without any talent.

[/ QUOTE ]

He's amazingly talented at finding constant places to borrow. Despite all Ungar's ability it sounds like he was pretty much cut off by almost everyone and living on skid row.

Mike's in Monte Carlo one week,LA the next. It's amazing people keep lending to him when eventually the pyramid scheme that is his life will eventually cave in and multiple lenders will get stuck really bad. He has to owe so much money it's mind boggling, and I bet no one knows the real amount or to how many but him. His occasional tourney hits and endorsment deals, which have to be dwindling in post uigea poker,are so small in comparison to the amount he loses online,spends traveling and entering tourneys, and blows on sportsbetting.

I really believe his debt may get so large that eventually it all comes crashing down and he ends up hustling stakes at the Bellagio to play 2-5 nl. I hope not because he's likeable, but even a player with his popularity can't sustain the losses and lifestyle that he has.
Old 03-21-2007, 03:28 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Listening to Matusow talk about losing money is like listening to a hooker talk about losing her virginity. You expect it to be interesting- but all you end up thinking is God I'm glad I'm not you.

[/ QUOTE ]

That is brilliant. Seriously.
Old 03-21-2007, 03:52 AM

Tornado69 :
U don't know what u would do with that money, nobody does... until they get it. Money changes ppl alot sometimes more than crack would.

demon102 :

heres a utube link
Old 03-21-2007, 04:02 AM

i think stuey was able to get stakes for a long time. i believe his drug addiction is what finally caused people to cut him off. it's somehow easier to loan money to someone who is going to play poker and bet sports with it instead of spending it all on coke.
Old 03-21-2007, 04:21 AM

thanks fourking
Old 03-21-2007, 04:29 AM

In my view, mostly all these poker players besides a few (Jesus, Johny Chan, etc) are all COMPLETE SICKO gamibiling degen. If they only played poker they'd be rich but they have these addictions. Money isnt a big deal to them because they think so what, Ill make it back plus more.

What is very weary too me is all these players go broke playing these 300-600nl. For example I read about SBrugby making 200,000 in one day, then losing another 100,000 the next.

How much money do these guys actually make, I dont think 2 million dollars a year is [censored] for playing at these nosebleed stakes they play. If only they dropped down a few, and played I believe their profit would be double, triple what they make now. But the reason being is it isnt entertaining to them.

Realize it, their addicts, and to tell you the truth Id much rather be a drug addict then a gambiling addict. I think the head of a gambiling is alot more [censored] up then a druggie. At least with a druggie, if they are on drugs their normal. Where as a gambilin degen, if he wins a 1,000,000 in a sitting, hes likely to go gamble it away.
Old 03-21-2007, 04:34 AM

[ QUOTE ]
In my view, mostly all these poker players besides a few (Jesus, Johny Chan, etc) are all COMPLETE SICKO gamibiling degen. If they only played poker they'd be rich but they have these addictions. Money isnt a big deal to them because they think so what, Ill make it back plus more.

What is very weary too me is all these players go broke playing these 300-600nl. For example I read about SBrugby making 200,000 in one day, then losing another 100,000 the next.

How much money do these guys actually make, I dont think 2 million dollars a year is [censored] for playing at these nosebleed stakes they play. If only they dropped down a few, and played I believe their profit would be double, triple what they make now. But the reason being is it isnt entertaining to them.

Realize it, their addicts, and to tell you the truth Id much rather be a drug addict then a gambiling addict. I think the head of a gambiling is alot more [censored] up then a druggie. At least with a druggie, if they are on drugs their normal. Where as a gambilin degen, if he wins a 1,000,000 in a sitting, hes likely to go gamble it away.

[/ QUOTE ]

lol
Old 03-21-2007, 04:45 AM

I'm guessing you have little to no experiance dealing with hardcore drug addicts.
Old 03-21-2007, 04:50 AM

[ QUOTE ]
If only they dropped down a few, and played I believe their profit would be double, triple what they make now.

[/ QUOTE ]

Please, please explain how this works. In depth, if possible. Bonus marks for equations.
Old 03-21-2007, 04:52 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Listening to Matusow talk about losing money is like listening to a hooker talk about losing her virginity. You expect it to be interesting- but all you end up thinking is God I'm glad I'm not you.

[/ QUOTE ]

love it.