Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Medium Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-19-2007, 08:21 AM

Default PokerTracker Auto rate help.

Does everyone generally use the default rules? Are there any other, more suitable alternatives? I play 200-400NL 6 player max only.

Thanks in advance.
Old 03-19-2007, 09:17 AM

Default Re: PokerTracker Auto rate help.

They have some use when first starting out to give a visual cue to the player types and an understanding of how the money flows around the table.

Developing balanced ones is more difficult than it looks and I know that the BTP ones (AP10 + me for full ring and Trodgers for 6 max) took a lot of number-crunching and went through more than a dozen iterations.

They are of limited use if you know how to use a HUD but you might find the autorates and results for various player types set out here of interest

http://www.bet-the-pot.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=4082
Old 03-19-2007, 10:10 AM

[ QUOTE ]
They have some use when first starting out to give a visual cue to the player types and an understanding of how the money flows around the table.

Developing balanced ones is more difficult than it looks and I know that the BTP ones (AP10 + me for full ring and Trodgers for 6 max) took a lot of number-crunching and went through more than a dozen iterations.

They are of limited use if you know how to use a HUD but you might find the autorates and results for various player types set out here of interest

http://www.bet-the-pot.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=4082

[/ QUOTE ]

When were your rules devised and by whom (i.e what levels do you or the inventor of the rules play at?)

I'm looking for someone who plays at my levels now, with rules they devised recently as possible

Thanks again
Old 03-20-2007, 09:01 PM

really autorates are for beginners say $50 NL or so - once you get up above $200 NL tables you should be able to read a HUD so you don't need it

The set of rules for full ring were devised by AP10 and me - AP is a pro player (who also developed PAHUD with Josh) and I think both of use were playing mainly $100 full ring NL at that time.

As for the 6 max rules these were adapted from the FR ones by TRodgers. I have used them as high as euro 400 NL 6 max tables but, as I said, by then they become mostly superfluous as you should either be relying on proper notes or a HUD by then