Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > News, Views, and Gossip
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-20-2007, 05:54 PM

Default Re: Will the loss of the WSOP rights sink CardPlayer?

I can't remember the other magazine, (Player? Poker Pro?, something like that), anyway, that and All-In I can see closing up shop, but I would imagine that CP and Bluff are here for the long term.
Old 03-20-2007, 06:12 PM

How long did "Top Pair" last ?
Old 03-20-2007, 06:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]
How long did "Top Pair" last ?

[/ QUOTE ]

Last I heard, its still published online as a PDF.
Old 03-20-2007, 06:37 PM

Im taking a job with cardplayer starting in April. To be quite honest I hope both survive and push each other to improve their respective products.
Old 03-20-2007, 07:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Im taking a job with cardplayer starting in April. To be quite honest I hope both survive and push each other to improve their respective products.

[/ QUOTE ]

Did you get the job through Craigslist?

Btw, maybe I missed it but I don't think anyone has mentioned the anonymous comment someone from CardPlayer, allegedly, posted over at ThePokerBiz.com, ridiculing the Bluff deal and calling the WSOP mediocre at best.

Here's what it said in its entirety:

“Awarded?” Buying an overpriced package from the cash hungry WSOP is hardly a coup. More realistically the folks at Bluff have bitten off more than they can chew. Would not be surprised if the fees bankrupt them. Bluff is mediocre at best, as is the WSOP, and the whole thing looks like an impending slow motion train wreck.”

link

I'd call it sophomoric (and poetic at times) but that's like my ass telling my feet they smell. So I'll let someone else call it out for what it is.

I should point out that we have a page or two in Bluff each month that they pay us mad money for, if mad money meant free chicken and beer, and that yes I hope both survive as competition is good and CardPlayer does have some quality people over there. I would also say that with online forums, blogs, videos, etc., magazines these days are really only good for reading on airplanes or on the crapper and ironically those are pretty much the two places we get our pages done for Bluff.
Old 03-22-2007, 01:52 AM

Default Re: Can the WSOP Save Bluff Magazine?

I enjoy reading BLUFF

Can't wait for the correspondence from the WSOP
Old 03-22-2007, 09:22 AM

They are both good magazines. I am sure they will both survive and prosper. In the last issue, Bluff Magazine named TwoPlusTwo as the best poker forum. That shows they are pretty smart going in.

It is hard for me to believe that anyone high up at Card Player was involved in any of the negative and jealous posts that started this.

These two magazines compete but they also help each other with cross-traffic. They are next to each other on news stands. People look at both of [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]them and may buy both. I always read both. Both magazines are good for poker. Bluff is huge. There is a Bluff, Bluff/Europe, Bluff/Australia, Bluff/Radio, and the Internet operations. I don't know if they give them away in poker rooms.
Old 03-22-2007, 01:21 PM

Anyone ever read Poker Pro?