Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > STT Strategy
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-20-2007, 03:44 PM

Default Re: $60: QQ ITM

bigt, check/raising the turn does not seem fine. Explain?
Old 03-20-2007, 04:16 PM

Mike,
Check folding the turn is really bad.
So you can either go c/c turn and than check-reevaluate river or just shove because the pot is so huge right now.
Old 03-20-2007, 04:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]
holy [censored] the advice in this thread is bad... your line is fine... you can do some different things, but raising to 800 and shoving flop isnt one of them...

[/ QUOTE ]

How do you figure? That's a standard raise when 3 handed. The smaller raise reeks of trying to get action. Strange to see such criticism from someone who's advice is "you could do some different things."
Old 03-20-2007, 04:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
holy [censored] the advice in this thread is bad... your line is fine... you can do some different things, but raising to 800 and shoving flop isnt one of them...

[/ QUOTE ]

How do you figure? That's a standard raise when 3 handed. The smaller raise reeks of trying to get action. Strange to see such criticism from someone who's advice is "you could do some different things."

[/ QUOTE ]
I don't think I have ever opened 4x one time this year. Maybe I misclicked maybe once or twice I raised t80 in L1.
4x isn't a standard raise. My standard raise here is 500-600. Also even if this isn't standard most villians aren't good enough or disciplined enough to realize you are telegraphing your hand.
Old 03-20-2007, 04:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Mike,
Check folding the turn is really bad.
So you can either go c/c turn and than check-reevaluate river or just shove because the pot is so huge right now.

[/ QUOTE ]

FWIW, I would never fold there, but raising seems just as bad. Check/call looks like the only way to go. And I'd be calling most rivers (after reevaluating of course [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img])
Old 03-20-2007, 04:29 PM

I would call after checking the turn. Pushing the turn is okay too imo. Pushing the flop seems pretty pointless though.
Old 03-20-2007, 04:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
I don't think I have ever opened 4x one time this year. Maybe I misclicked maybe once or twice I raised t80 in L1.
4x isn't a standard raise. My standard raise here is 500-600. Also even if this isn't standard most villians aren't good enough or disciplined enough to realize you are telegraphing your hand.

[/ QUOTE ]

Standard raise with QQ or standard raise for all holdings including bluffs? I was only referring to ITM games 2 or 3 handed also, but you mentioned L1. Just want to see if we're on the same page here.
Old 03-20-2007, 05:29 PM

if you open to 500 every time you open (even if that's only true itm) it's fine to open to 500.

what, no one likes bet-folding the turn?
Old 03-20-2007, 05:31 PM

c/c turn c/c river