Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-20-2007, 12:45 PM

Default River bluff

SB 22/11.5/3 wtsd 39 over 253
CO 47/0/0.1 wtsd 90 over only 15
I'm not sure, but I think I had a good image here, because I've been running hot in every session lately (I'm at 4.22 BB/100 over my first ever 18k of SH)

Poker Room skin
Limit Holdem Ring game
Limit: $1/$2
5 players
Converter

Pre-flop: (5 players) Hero is BB with 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
UTG folds, CO calls, Button calls, SB calls, Hero checks.

Flop: 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (4SB, 4 players)
<font color="#cc0000">SB bets</font>, <font color="#cc0000">Hero raises</font>, CO calls, Button folds, <font color="#cc0000">SB 3-bets</font>, Hero calls, CO calls.

Turn: 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (6.5BB, 3 players)
SB checks his draw, Hero checks, CO checks.

River: 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (6.5BB, 3 players)
SB checks, <font color="#cc0000">Hero bets
Old 03-20-2007, 12:49 PM

Default Re: River bluff

Why the flop raise? With this hand and 2 other opponents I'd be trying to keep them in the hand.

I also don't like bluffing against 2 players on the river here. You're risking 1 bet to win 6.5 but 2 people have to fold to do it.
Old 03-20-2007, 12:55 PM

I dont bluff the river in a small protected pot.

I dont understand the flop raise. The pot is small and the raise is not increasing your chance of winning the pot anyway. I just call and protect my implied odds.
Old 03-20-2007, 01:55 PM

I could understand if you raised the flop in last position but not in the BB. If you raise for value with around 30% potequity all OP must call your raise wich is very unlikely.
Old 03-20-2007, 02:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I dont bluff the river in a small protected pot.

I dont understand the flop raise. The pot is small and the raise is not increasing your chance of winning the pot anyway. I just call and protect my implied odds.

[/ QUOTE ]

You don't think they will fold more than 13 % of the time? SB seem to be on a missed draw and CO doesn't seem to like his hand..

The flop raise is sort of a multitabling-mistake. I thought it was 3handed and tried something I havn't done before against a guy who had steal/folded a 3way flop.
Old 03-20-2007, 02:41 PM

pf was nice
Old 03-20-2007, 03:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]
You don't think they will fold more than 13 % of the time? SB seem to be on a missed draw and CO doesn't seem to like his hand..

[/ QUOTE ] You're investing 1 BB to win 6.5 right? You must be successful with your bluff more than 15.4% of the time. You can't count the BB you invest as a winning. Your river bet looks very odd, I would probably call with any pair or even Acehigh.

bla bla I don't think this bluff is successful enough to be tried in this spot.
Old 03-20-2007, 04:22 PM

DO NOT bluff MULTIPLE opponents in small stakes hold em in a SMALL pot! Re-read your original post. It's almost like you're pleading with us to reconfirm your notion that you should bluff this river:

"I'm not sure, but I think I had a good image here, because I've been running hot in every session lately"

Plus:

Turn: 2 (6.5BB, 3 players)
SB checks his draw, Hero checks, CO checks.

Even if one villain's on a draw he could have A high or even a draw with a pair of 6's he's willing to call down with. I can't remember the math but there was an article about how it's very unprofitable bluffing in mw pots. Yes, you'll occassionally get away with it, just not 1 time in 6 and a half.