Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Medium Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-20-2007, 01:01 PM

Default Re: HU facing a 170 BB river shove: call or fold?

If he is bad or very good I think this is a call. But as an average player, I agree that he will show us nuts enough of the time (like Krantz said almost always) to make this a fold.

Had he potted the river, would your calling frequency be any different. Should it.
Old 03-20-2007, 01:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Had he potted the river, would your calling frequency be any different. Should it.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes and yes. Obviously it's an easier call if it's a PSB because he has to be bluffing less often for a call to be right and until you know that he's capable of pushing here (and with what) you have to assume that his PSB frequency is whatever I assumed his overbet frequency is here (if that makes sense...kind of busy right now so hopefully that came out right).
Old 03-20-2007, 02:47 PM

limp pf, flop the nuts call flop, raise the turn hope you have something, allin on the river, ,your're up against Axd,imho.
Old 03-20-2007, 02:58 PM

am i the only one who thinks river bet indicates weakness rather than strength? Why would he bet so much after you checked if he wasn't trying to get you off something? If you dont have a diamond, you fold. If you do, I think its a call IMO
Old 03-20-2007, 03:50 PM

I didn't see the straight flush.

I really thinks that turns this into a fold, and is probably his most likely hand.
Old 03-20-2007, 03:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]
am i the only one who thinks river bet indicates weakness rather than strength? Why would he bet so much after you checked if he wasn't trying to get you off something? If you dont have a diamond, you fold. If you do, I think its a call IMO

[/ QUOTE ]

So ppl who think on such a low level will call
Old 03-20-2007, 04:10 PM

If you're not willing to play big pot on riv if u river the diamond, then you should prob jus fold turn. Aren't you in position, if he compltes and u raise btw? Did converter mess up and make it backwards? If you're in BB and he completes, as u said, then bet flop and check behind turn.
Old 03-20-2007, 04:17 PM

LOL btw sry im a [censored] retard and didn't even pay attention that hand wuz hu... this is [censored] TOUGH spot. I do c players limp a lot Ax on button, but at this level, its rare. Now that I c this, I prob call. If he limps Ax on button, calls raise, flatcalls flop in position with nut flush draw and raises turn with FD, then nh to him. I think he puts u on a double barrel on the turn, and is very weak himself. 98% of players hu at these limits with Axs on button, so I don't believe he flopped nut flush. I think you can c/c here, there's lots of times he's bluffing. He knows u dont have Ad b/c u checked riv, which is why checking is great. Maybe puts u on AK no diamond or K T with Td. U've underrepped ur hand.
Old 03-20-2007, 04:51 PM

Hey... I just started playing on FTP last week...I was on my laptop that didn't have PT installed and also I had not checked the button to save hands.

I am 99% sure i did not have the straight flush. I do make big bluffs... and I do make massive overbets if I feel like the situation warrants it.

in this situation I think I probably had the Ad.. but i might have had nothing.
Old 03-20-2007, 04:56 PM

I also dont remember limping on the button at all...

the only way I think i might limp on the button is if i thought you were super agro and had been raising me alot or raising the table or I thought u might make a big mistake somewhere in the pot.